Cloth Diapering
Options

Front loaders with CD's

I just got front loaders and i'm not really sure how this will change my washing regiment that I have with my CDs.  The washer has a santize cycle that rungs extreme hot and then extreme cold-  if I run it with an extra cycle the whole wash is about 2 hours and 10 minutes.  Does that sound about right to you?

Also- how much detergent should I now use?  I know you use little with a regular washer so with a front loader I should use even less?  Helpf a clueless girl out please!

TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Front loaders with CD's

• Options

I don't know which detergent you use, but on the box for Tiny Bubbles, it tells how much for each type of machine.  If not, you could always check out the detergent's website.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't know what soap you are using, but I use rockin green and they have this handy sheet that tells you how to wash with a frontloader.

https://rockingreensoap.3dcartstores.com/FAQ_ep_42-1.html#f2

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't use the sanitize setting. The water gets too hot and can warp snaps & elastic. Is your machine a Samsung? They have a Heavy Duty setting that is much better for CDs.

If your machine is h.e., you'll probably use less detergent - check the detergent package.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I have discovered a routine that is working well with us. I was having trouble with my HE machine not having enough water in it and therefore the diapers weren't rinsing clean enough.

Here it goes:

1) Quick wash cycle on cold NO SPIN (that's important because it keeps the diapers wet and therefore heavy, tricking the machine)

2) Regular wash on HOT, cold rinse with extra rinse.

This has been working well for us for the past few weeks, no more ammonia smell!

Hope this helps! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagebroomy:

Don't use the sanitize setting. The water gets too hot and can warp snaps & elastic. Is your machine a Samsung? They have a Heavy Duty setting that is much better for CDs.

If your machine is h.e., you'll probably use less detergent - check the detergent package.

This. I have a LG and use the setting for heavily soiled and all the water plus options possible.

BFP #1: MC at 6w2d 11/24/09 BFP #2: 4/8/10-DD born 12/15/10 BFP #3: MC/CP? 2/5/12 ~4w BFP #4: Eptopic-Laparoscopy & D&C 4/16/12 ~6w BFP #5: 6/19/12 Due 3/5/13 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"