Success after IF

Can you rec a good ear thermometer or what else would I use?

DS has not been sick in a while, but today he is snotty and running just a touch warm. Well I have not had to pull out the rectal thermometer for use on a 2yo yet and let's say I wasn't looking forward to it with good reason. Actually he also freaks over ear thermometers but  I would feel less like I was violating him if I didn't have to put it in his, um, tush~ So any recs for accurate ear thermometers or is he old enough now you think to use a digital under the tongue?

Re: Can you rec a good ear thermometer or what else would I use?

• We really love the Exergen temporal scan thermometer.  Pricey but man it's made the whole process of taking a temperature less of a beat down for everyone involved.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGypsyEsq:
    We really love the Exergen temporal scan thermometer.  Pricey but man it's made the whole process of taking a temperature less of a beat down for everyone involved.

THIS!  BRU sometimes has them half off, but it was worth the price. It is so easy to use.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGypsyEsq:
    We really love the Exergen temporal scan thermometer.  Pricey but man it's made the whole process of taking a temperature less of a beat down for everyone involved.

I agree. I just got it yesterday and it is so easy!

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Another Exergen fan here. I didn't take it with me and LO on vacation last week and I wish that I had!! It is a wonderful device!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just use a digital approved for underarm use and add a degree. Our pedi is fine with it. The hardest part is getting her to sit still, but a book or her sippy usually do the job!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageemmyloustu:
    I just use a digital approved for underarm use and add a degree. Our pedi is fine with it. The hardest part is getting her to sit still, but a book or her sippy usually do the job!

This, but DS1 has only been sick twice ever (including right now, poor guy) so I don't use it much. My sis had a Braun ear thermometer that we used last week while traveling, and it was really nice and easy to use with a grumpy sick guy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"