North Carolina Babies
Options

sippy ?

what comes after the straw sippy?  the spout one? or a cup? something else? 

i'm starting to think ds is ready for something different since he has been completely engulfing the straw (but this could be a teething thing since his molars are slowly coming in).  

however, i'm scared to go to something else bc everytime i've tried the spout kind, he shakes the cup until all the liquid is all over him lol.   i've tried giving him a cup too since he does well drinking out of one when we hold it for him and same thing, he just pours it out all over himself lol.   

i'm guessing the pouring stuff out is normal progression, but how do you get from a straw sippy to something else without losing your sanity?? and when do you know it's time to switch to a different style cup?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sippy ?

• Options

We still use the straw sippy, and we have a few take and toss spout ones as well. I didnt get him any of those until these last couple of months.

He uses cups at DC and home for meal times. Id say hes still too young for any other cup etc right now if hes still pouring it every where.

I dont know when we'll give up a cup with a lid of any sort.....AT still makes pretty big messes. GL!

• Options
    We switched to sip up cups around 18 months. I was tired of straw cups, they always leaked through the straw. I got these Tommee Tippee ones and they are awesome. I have NEVER had them leak.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    becki, those cups are so cool!!!  honestly the leaking is KILLING me.  i even bought new cups w/the straw thing that covers the straw up, and even those are leaking! its driving me crazy! i am going try those cups for sure!  ooh i am excited!
  • Options
    I've never transitioned from one kind of sippy to another.  Liam has all different kinds and uses them all interchangeably (straw, soft spout, hard spout).  He drinks from an open glass some at home, but we always use a sippy out and about.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"