Washington Babies

What do you teach a 2 year old about Easter?

C's easter basket turned out really cute and I am looking forward to Egg Hunts. We mentioned to her a few times at Christmas that it was Jesus' birthday. What do you tell them about Easter? Stick with the jelly beans until later?

Re: What do you teach a 2 year old about Easter?

• We are just saying we are celebrating Jesus. My H is not really religious so he goes with jelly beans and family, but he is supportive of what I want to expose C to. As he gets older I will gradually introduce more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was having the same issue (2 is a little too young to grasp the concept of the resurrection. Heck 35 is a little too young).  We decided to go with celebrating all that Jesus has done for us.  It?s true!

My coworker did these with her kids when they were preschool aged.

https://www.iccreligiouseducation.com/easter.cfm?subpage=306631

https://rainbowcastle.org/resurrectioneggs.html

• Loading the player...
  • I actually remember doing that project in Sunday school a few times! I might have to save that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No help in the Jesus department, just wondering what you did for C's basket. I am totally stumped on if I want one for year after year or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecmcmillan:
    No help in the Jesus department, just wondering what you did for C's basket. I am totally stumped on if I want one for year after year or not.

Second that.  I just went to PBK to order Charlie's basket and personalized liner and they're sold out already!  We were wanting to do the same one every year but if I can't find a nice personalized one I like I may be SOL this year.  :( 

image Visit The Nest!

• Thanks everyone for the information - the crafts are good to know about. The phrase we are celebrating all Jesus does for us is perfect.

The baskets are 50 percent off at Joann's now. I bought one intending to buy a pottery barn kids liner (they are on sale online now too) and have the liner embroidered, but thought the $8 fee for embroidering on a $8 liner seemed a little silly. I filled the basket with her loot and decided it was cute without her name because it is so simple and classic.

• imagecasmommy:

Thanks everyone for the information - the crafts are good to know about. The phrase we are celebrating all Jesus does for us is perfect.

The baskets are 50 percent off at Joann's now. I bought one intending to buy a pottery barn kids liner (they are on sale online now too) and have the liner embroidered, but thought the $8 fee for embroidering on a $8 liner seemed a little silly. I filled the basket with her loot and decided it was cute without her name because it is so simple and classic.

Thanks. Michaels has some super cute baskets around $8-10.  Shane, check ebay, I keep looking for ones alrady embroidered. Search "pottery barn kids ____" fill in name, and anything with that name will come up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got this alert today....

>Through 4/8, Personalization Mall takes up to 30% off Easter gifts. Plus, take an extra 15% off with our exclusive code BRDEAL15. Check out the Personalized Jumbo Easter Baskets (pictured), which drop from $36.95 to $29.55 to $25.11 with code.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"