Eco-Friendly Family

**Update** VERY unhappy with my order so far!! **Update**

I ordered a 2011 City Select stroller and used their "Add Additional Seat" option.  I paid the 2011 price for both.  (2010's are on sale for around $380 for the stroller and $99 for the additional seat and the 2011 is $499 for the stroller and $159 for the seat).  

I was informed both were shipped but never received a tracking number for the stroller.  I emailed them and they said they would update the information.  They never did.  That was 2 days ago.  

I figured I would wait until today (when I was suppose to receive my seat) and see what happened.  I got the seat but I didn't get the stroller.  AND I got the 2010 seat!  
I have emailed them and I am giving them a chance to fix the problem as I did NOT pay for the 2010 seat and I want to know where my stroller is...and I better have a freaking 2011 stroller on it's way (almost here!)

So yeah, I am so very unhappy so far.   

Update:  I emailed them 1.5-2 hours ago and hadn't heard anything back.  SO, I called.  

About the stroller - I was told that they had just run out of the 2011 stroller so they sent it directly to Baby jogger for them to fulfill since they didn't want to hold onto it for too long and wanted to get my stuff out.  They said that they HAVE sent out my stroller but they still do not have a tracking number from BJ to give me.  

About the seat - They said they called the warehouse and confirmed that they sent me the 2011 seat.  I informed him they did not. He said that they did and the easiest way to tell is to look at the stitching on the seat itself and it will be up and down not side to side.  I told him that I knew that and the stitching is side to side AND the Manufacturing date on the box is 9/10/2010.  He said that it must have been a fluke because they were suppose to send the 2011 seat and the 2010 seat is in the opposite side of their warehouse, and someone would have purposefully had to walk over to the other side and got the 2010.  He apologized and said they would send me the new 2011 seat out asap and I should get it Monday with a return shipping label for the seat I have.

As of right now I am waiting.  I was surprised to have problems since I had done a lot of research before ordering to make sure they were a good place to order from.  I think they will make it right like they say.  I am slightly peeved that I am continuing to wait but as long as they make it right I will be happy.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: **Update** VERY unhappy with my order so far!! **Update**

• oh no! :( They better give you the 2011 stroller and either refund your money or send you a new seat for sure!! That's BS!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageCeltiCutie:
    oh no! :( They better give you the 2011 stroller and either refund your money or send you a new seat for sure!! That's BS!! 

Yeah  I don't want a refund.  I want the right seat.  I got the 2011 model because the seats are suppose to be bigger and better! 

• Loading the player...
  • Where did you order from? Directly from Baby Jogger or another company? I'd be contacting whoever it was on their facebook wall if they don't respond promptly.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • imagemrs.a.butler:

imageCeltiCutie:
    oh no! :( They better give you the 2011 stroller and either refund your money or send you a new seat for sure!! That's BS!! 

Yeah  I don't want a refund.  I want the right seat.  I got the 2011 model because the seats are suppose to be bigger and better! 

ohh ok. didn't know there would be that big a difference. Hopefully they'll fix their mistake with little issue. GL! Keep us posted! 

• imageMystery2B:
    Where did you order from? Directly from Baby Jogger or another company? I'd be contacting whoever it was on their facebook wall if they don't respond promptly.

PishPoshBaby is the site I ordered from.  I actually just found them on Facebook and am going to be posting on there soon if I don't hear from them.

• Yes they should definately send you (quickly) the correct seat and pay return shipping on the wrong one.

Sad

• imagemrs.a.butler:

Update:  I emailed them 1.5-2 hours ago and hadn't heard anything back.  SO, I called.  

About the stroller - I was told that they had just run out of the 2011 stroller so they sent it directly to Baby jogger for them to fulfill since they didn't want to hold onto it for too long and wanted to get my stuff out.  They said that they HAVE sent out my stroller but they still do not have a tracking number from BJ to give me.  

About the seat - They said they called the warehouse and confirmed that they sent me the 2011 seat.  I informed him they did not. He said that they did and the easiest way to tell is to look at the stitching on the seat itself and it will be up and down not side to side.  I told him that I knew that and the stitching is side to side AND the Manufacturing date on the box is 9/10/2010.  He said that it must have been a fluke because they were suppose to send the 2011 seat and the 2010 seat is in the opposite side of their warehouse, and someone would have purposefully had to walk over to the other side and got the 2010.  He apologized and said they would send me the new 2011 seat out asap and I should get it Monday with a return shipping label for the seat I have.

As of right now I am waiting.  I was surprised to have problems since I had done a lot of research before ordering to make sure they were a good place to order from.  I think they will make it right like they say.  I am slightly peeved that I am continuing to wait but as long as they make it right I will be happy.

I really thought this was going to end badly... Glad it didn't! Sucks waiting but least you know you'll have it!  

• I'm glad they're fixing it. But I know PPB has had a LOT of issues with the BJCS orders for some reason. I ordered mine a full 3 weeks after a friend ordered hers (I ordered from Albee, she ordered from PPB) and I got mine 2 days after she got hers. We both got the 2010's though. My friend ordered the 2011, and it took forever to get hers too. 

We tried out the 2010 and 2011 seats, and didn't need the differences (the extra support and the inch of seat depth are the only differences) because K is so tiny. I was upset that I had to order a second seat now when I don't think we'll ever need 2 actual seats, but I figure if K still liking the stroller when the baby is big enough for the seat and we need the 2011, I'll get one on clearance then :) 

You will love the stroller though! I never thought I could love a stroller like I do this one.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

I'm glad they're fixing it. But I know PPB has had a LOT of issues with the BJCS orders for some reason. I ordered mine a full 3 weeks after a friend ordered hers (I ordered from Albee, she ordered from PPB) and I got mine 2 days after she got hers. We both got the 2010's though. My friend ordered the 2011, and it took forever to get hers too. 

We tried out the 2010 and 2011 seats, and didn't need the differences (the extra support and the inch of seat depth are the only differences) because K is so tiny. I was upset that I had to order a second seat now when I don't think we'll ever need 2 actual seats, but I figure if K still liking the stroller when the baby is big enough for the seat and we need the 2011, I'll get one on clearance then :) 

You will love the stroller though! I never thought I could love a stroller like I do this one.  

yeah C is really tiny too (~25lbs and 34-35")  But I wanted something that would hold him for a long time if he wanted (like if we were to go to a themepark when he's 5 and L's 3 he will still be able to sit in it)  I don't know if it matters that much for him but since it was an option and it was from birthday money I went for the 2011.  

And it better not take months to get my stroller! they keep telling me that it has been shipped.  I'll tell them to shove it and cancel my order if I don't have it or a tracking number by Monday when I get my new seat.

• imagemrs.a.butler:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

I'm glad they're fixing it. But I know PPB has had a LOT of issues with the BJCS orders for some reason. I ordered mine a full 3 weeks after a friend ordered hers (I ordered from Albee, she ordered from PPB) and I got mine 2 days after she got hers. We both got the 2010's though. My friend ordered the 2011, and it took forever to get hers too. 

yeah C is really tiny too (~25lbs and 34-35")  But I wanted something that would hold him for a long time if he wanted (like if we were to go to a themepark when he's 5 and L's 3 he will still be able to sit in it)  I don't know if it matters that much for him but since it was an option and it was from birthday money I went for the 2011.  

And it better not take months to get my stroller! they keep telling me that it has been shipped.  I'll tell them to shove it and cancel my order if I don't have it or a tracking number by Monday when I get my new seat.

well, they didn't even getting shipping notifications for forever, so you probably won't :)

I wasn't planning on buying two seats. My plan was one 2010 seat, and then the car seat/bassinet attachments and then buy the second seat next year (since the baby won't be able to use the seat until this time next year anyways) if we needed another. But, since you can't buy the 2nd seat adaptors without the seat...I had too. Oh well, I got the 2010 double (with both seats) for 399 shipped...still not shabby, even if we end up buying a 2011 seat later.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• mrs. a b- 
    Can I pick your brain a little about the stroller itself? I'm looking into double strollers since I'll be watching my friend's LO sometime soon. Anyhow, what does that mean to add a seat? It's different from the regular double stroller?

Someone on the Multiples board told me [https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/51344492.aspx] the City Mini Select has the option to have two babies facing each other, which is what I'm looking for. I can't find the option for it and can't find any pictures of this online. Any ideas?

Sorry for the slight shift in topic, I just thought you might know. Thanks. [And sorry about the annoyingness of the shipping error. Inglesina sent me a pink stroller when I ordered orange and while not that big of a deal, it's always a pain to deal with returning things.]  

ETA:
    OH, JEEZ.. I feel so silly. I just watched a youtube video on how to do it.  NEVERMIND!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • imagedaenikoffre:

mrs. a b- 
    Can I pick your brain a little about the stroller itself? I'm looking into double strollers since I'll be watching my friend's LO sometime soon. Anyhow, what does that mean to add a seat? It's different from the regular double stroller?

Someone on the Multiples board told me [https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/51344492.aspx] the City Mini Select has the option to have two babies facing each other, which is what I'm looking for. I can't find the option for it and can't find any pictures of this online. Any ideas?

Sorry for the slight shift in topic, I just thought you might know. Thanks. [And sorry about the annoyingness of the shipping error. Inglesina sent me a pink stroller when I ordered orange and while not that big of a deal, it's always a pain to deal with returning things.]  

ETA:
    OH, JEEZ.. I feel so silly. I just watched a youtube video on how to do it.  NEVERMIND!

well I'm glad you figured it out :) 

I feel like such a newbie still. haha 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • imagemrs.a.butler:

imageMystery2B:
    Where did you order from? Directly from Baby Jogger or another company? I'd be contacting whoever it was on their facebook wall if they don't respond promptly.

PishPoshBaby is the site I ordered from.  I actually just found them on Facebook and am going to be posting on there soon if I don't hear from them.

I was afraid this is who you were going to say.  I ordered some City Select accessories from them this summer, including the parent console.  The other accessories came (after like three weeks), but no console.  I emailed them and they said it was backordered.  I was pissed that they had not told me this via email or AT LEAST in the carton, as I would have gone elsewhere.  When I complained, they offered to send me the fancy schmancy console including the mp3 player speakers for no extra charge.  Two weeks later, you guessed it, still nothing.  I emailed them again and was told the console had indeed shipped.  I asked for a tracking number, but they said they didn't have it.  Waited another week.  Nothing.  I emailed them and demanded a refund.  They did that promptly, but the console never came, leading me to believe that they never shipped it AND they lied to me about it.

After that I did some research online and found that others had had similar problems with this retailer.  I hope it works out for you, but I for one am never ordering from that site again.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • imageroundtheworldgirl:

I was afraid this is who you were going to say.  I ordered some City Select accessories from them this summer, including the parent console.  The other accessories came (after like three weeks), but no console.  I emailed them and they said it was backordered.  I was pissed that they had not told me this via email or AT LEAST in the carton, as I would have gone elsewhere.  When I complained, they offered to send me the fancy schmancy console including the mp3 player speakers for no extra charge.  Two weeks later, you guessed it, still nothing.  I emailed them again and was told the console had indeed shipped.  I asked for a tracking number, but they said they didn't have it.  Waited another week.  Nothing.  I emailed them and demanded a refund.  They did that promptly, but the console never came, leading me to believe that they never shipped it AND they lied to me about it.

After that I did some research online and found that others had had similar problems with this retailer.  I hope it works out for you, but I for one am never ordering from that site again.

ARGH!!!  

Well, I'm waiting for the 2011 seat.  They said it would be Monday.  If it is and I still have nothing on the stroller, I am planning on telling them to cancel the order and give me a refund.  I would do it all right now but I was giving them a chance to make it right.  Now I don't want to though.....

• that sucks.  Uppa Baby has great customer service,  I'd get one of theirs!
  • imageCrunchOoEezyMama:
    that sucks.  Uppa Baby has great customer service,  I'd get one of theirs!

Oh no!! It's not baby jogger that's the problem!!  It's the company I'm ordering from! PishPoshBaby.  :)  If it was the company, yeah I'd be getting a different stroller!  lol 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"