Pre-School and Daycare
Options

What the minimum size needed for a preschool backpack?

I know it has to be able to fit certain things in there. We wanted to start getting DS used to wearing one since we're not sure if he'll take to it or not.  Recommend yours please!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What the minimum size needed for a preschool backpack?

• Options
    At our school, DC's backpack needs to fit a regular size folder.  DS already has a CARS backpack from the Disney store and a Spitfire (skateboarding) kids back pack.  My DS1 loves to wear his but he sees his older sister wearing one. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our preschool (and pretty much all the ladies on here!) recommended a full-size backpack. The "preschool" size is not big enough to hold a folder or 8x11 paper.

DD1 has a preschool-size backpack (a Skip Hop zoo pack) for her current toddler class (not preschool, a parks & rec class) b/c all she needs is a change of clothes in case of an accident. We carry her art work out and they never need to send notes, etc.

I'm getting her a PBK backpack (size small) for preschool. It's big enough to hold the necessities, but not so huge that it'll be hard for her to handle. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would ask your pre-school.  Ours require a back pack big enough to hold papers that are folded in half so we use a toddler size back pack.  The teacher told me specifically that she doesn't like full size ones for kids this small. It really just depends on the program and teacher.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    Both of my girls use the smaller Lands End up and its perfect.  The kids often don't wear it, I just carry it in.  They need to fit their winter stuff (hats, mittens, etc) along with extra clothes and a nap blanket along with anything they bring home from the day (projects, etc)
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

My DD has a tiny backpack.  There is no "requirement" by the preschool, and the teachers don't touch the backpacks.

I always thought the huge packs were ridiculous, but I'm alwyas trying to balance a kid in one hand (the baby) and the pack in the other with handfuls of artwork etc.  I woudl say enough to fit a full size piece of paper.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"