Parenting after 35
Options

Update on DH's job

Well, it looks like DH will have his job for a while. Of course, anything can change because it's the nature of his industry. But the other day the new general manager sat down with DH to have lunch and get to know each other. He told DH that he liked his entrepreneurial style a lot. I think the GM wouldn't go through all the trouble of chatting with DH if he was planning on firing him. In fact, I have a feeling that he was trying to make DH relax and not go look for another job, especially since a few of DH's colleagues have already bailed. Sometimes people jump ship even if the ship is not going to sink.

I told DH not to worry too much and just do his best. He's a little stressed and overworked but things should settle down in a month or so. In the meantime we're saving as much as we can to build up that e-fund, just in case.

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.

Re: Update on DH's job

• Options
    That's great news!  In this economy any reassurance from the higher ups has to feel good.  Building the stash is also a good idea too no matter what your situation. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Honestly, I wouldn't be resting so easy, even after the face-to-face conversation. The manager didn't flat-out say the job was safe, so I'd still be wary. 

Call me a pessimist, but nothing is safe these days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay! Great news!!!
  • Options
    good news!
  • Options
    Yay!  It's great to have that extra confidence!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Excellent news!
  • Options
    Awesome news!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great news!
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

Honestly, I wouldn't be resting so easy, even after the face-to-face conversation. The manager didn't flat-out say the job was safe, so I'd still be wary. 

Call me a pessimist, but nothing is safe these days.

Nobody's resting easy. And I don't think any employer will say "your job is safe" in this economy. We're always thinking of Plan B, but I think for now DH has a job. Maybe it lasts a year, maybe it lasts 4 months. Who knows. Like I said, no job is safe these days.

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"