Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Some really random questions about finger foods...

Ok so I know all the kinds of good finger foods for LO (based off the gazillion posts about it daily), but I have a few other questions....and these may seem stupid...but ah well. :)

I made DS regular oatmeal this morning and mixed with his fruit puree. He obviously didnt eat all of the oatmeal. I assume its okay to store the rest in fridge and use tomorrow? (just the oatmeal...not the food he ate this morning) Is it okay to serve it cold? DS doesnt like warm purees/oatmeal. I've always eaten all my oatmeal so I've never had to think about this before!

If I want to send some bananas, but I know he wont eat a whole banana, do sliced banana pieces hold up well? Or is it best to maybe send just half a banana instead of slices?

And I thought I had a few other random questions...but now I cant think of any more.  I really want to start sending more finger foods to DC but just trying to work out the logistics of it in my head. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

Re: Some really random questions about finger foods...

• Options

I am no expert but I would think you could save the oatmeal as long as it was sealed so it doesn't get dried out?  I serve DS everything cold (even his formula) b/c he is the same and doesn't like things heated. 

We do banana's in the A.M. and DS usually eats 1/2 (we don't slice, just give him half and he naws on it :)  We put the other 1/2 in a ziplock baggie in the fridge and he has that for dinner.  I have seen a banana saver type container at BRU but not sure how much as the ziplock bags work just fine for us!

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oatmeal is okay to keep in the fridge, I make steel cut oats for DD in big quantities and just spoon out a serving each morning.

Bananas will turn brown pretty quick if cut up and get a little slimy, but if your daycare is helping him eat, I'd send 1/2 a banana and just let them break it up into chunks for him.  That's how DD eats hers every morning.

You can make nearly anything finger food.  Veggies are easiest when their steamed and fruit cut up.  We have small sealed containers that have DD's food in them and give her a variety of finger food, food to hold and bite (crackers, etc), and spoon-fed food (yogurt, soup).

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"