Hawaii Babies

Interacting with pictures?

Do your LOs kiss certain pictures? I noticed that in Goodnight Moon, B's been consistently (for the past month) kissing the lamp on the "And a comb and a brush and bowl full of mush" page. Sometimes he kisses the kittens, but now that he's more consistently on solids, he's been also consistently kissing the bowl of mush on the "Goodnight mush" page.

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies

Re: Interacting with pictures?

• LOL at the boobs

I have no idea b/c i haven't seen any of that particular behavior - but we also don't have pics of stuff that look like boobs anywhere LOL  she does face plant into my shirt often when i come home from work :)

she loves to kiss the pictures of cats in our books, but that is a new behavior that only started in the last few weeks.  today she was reading another book and i can't remember what she kissed but it wasn't a cat so I guess it isn't a cat thing per se.  either way, i think it's really cute

• We have a book called Peek-A-Who? and on the last page there is a mirror and she likes to kiss herself in it!! I think she got the idea from her Pat the Bunny book because there is a page where you have to raise the book to your face and smell the flowers. Since then, she's been putting more books to her face! Haha.

Here is photo of her kissing the mirror...

https://growinglimabean.blogspot.com/2011/03/two-of-alexas-favorite-books.html 

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrspresley:

I have no idea b/c i haven't seen any of that particular behavior - but we also don't have pics of stuff that look like boobs anywhere

You guys don't have Goodnight Moon? (I had the impression that everyone on this board had it =P I think that's one of the reasons why I bought it...that and The Very Hungry Caterpillar). Or maybe Miss A knows better--she should tell B "That's a lamp, silly, not a boob!" Or maybe B likes lamps?? We don't have any lamps that look like that in our home so I don't know!

imagemyday1708:

We have a book called Peek-A-Who? and on the last page there is a mirror and she likes to kiss herself in it!! I think she got the idea from her Pat the Bunny book because there is a page where you have to raise the book to your face and smell the flowers. Since then, she's been putting more books to her face! Haha.

Here is photo of her kissing the mirror...

https://growinglimabean.blogspot.com/2011/03/two-of-alexas-favorite-books.html 

OMG that picture is so precious!!! How cute!!

Yeah, B loves to wave at himself in the mirror. And then he'll laugh with glee because the baby in there is waving back =P I don't think he understands mirrors yet although part of me wonders why he doesn't think it's odd that Mommy is holding him *and* the baby in the mirror at the same time...

I've had that Peek-a-Who? book in my Amazon cart for a while but was on the fence about it. Now, it's making me want to go ahead and get it because I think B will prob love it =)

• LB will kiss the kittens in Goodnight Moon, but I guess I encouraged that.  However, on his own, he will kiss the "little house" and the page with the stars on it. He does kiss Curious George in the Goodnight George book when it says " time for a kiss" too. 

Lately, anytime he hugs something, he says "awwwwwwwww" while he's doing it - I guess that's his way of mimicking what we say! LOL 

• imageinamra:
    You guys don't have Goodnight Moon? (I had the impression that everyone on this board had it =P

haha.... yeah we don't have that one.  we do have Goodnight, Gorilla and Goodnight, San Diego though :)

• yes, Jack is OBSESSED with little mermaid DVD box.  He randomly found MY disney DVDs in a box in the basement and picked that out of all of them and carries the case around and gives it hugs and kisses (and since he hasn't watched the movie he can't "know" the charcters).  If I put it away he will track it down the next time he's down there playing.

He gets really sad when I open it and remind him it's not a book.  I didn't even think of the breasts, although now that you mention it... she is pretty scantily clad, haha.  I think he just likes the colors and her happy, animated face.

He also has a mirror book (Pooh, who's that baby - has a mirror and picture of a baby on every page).  Sometimes he mimics the baby (baby laughing/clapping) but usually just leans in to kiss himself. 

Do you have the daddy kisses book?  J loves that book and will pick it up and carry it to DH will pause so they can give each other kisses has recently started pointing to the area on DH where the book is calling for a kiss (neck/eye/ear) so DH can lean over or he will hold out his hand for the kiss on a paw or tilt his head for a kiss on eye pages.  Seems like B might enjoy that too!

• imageMauiWedding08:

yes, Jack is OBSESSED with little mermaid DVD box.  He randomly found MY disney DVDs in a box in the basement and picked that out of all of them and carries the case around and gives it hugs and kisses (and since he hasn't watched the movie he can't "know" the charcters).  If I put it away he will track it down the next time he's down there playing.

He gets really sad when I open it and remind him it's not a book.  I didn't even think of the breasts, although now that you mention it... she is pretty scantily clad, haha.  I think he just likes the colors and her happy, animated face.

LOL, she is! SO funny how he will look specifically for it! That's like B and the Roomba right now. I can't get him away from that thing (and he cries when I carry him away)! But the only reason why I thought of the boobs is cuz B would only rub that part of the picture, so I was like hmmmmm, is that the result of nursing babies?

imageMauiWedding08:

He also has a mirror book (Pooh, who's that baby - has a mirror and picture of a baby on every page).  Sometimes he mimics the baby (baby laughing/clapping) but usually just leans in to kiss himself. 

Do you have the daddy kisses book?  J loves that book and will pick it up and carry it to DH will pause so they can give each other kisses has recently started pointing to the area on DH where the book is calling for a kiss (neck/eye/ear) so DH can lean over or he will hold out his hand for the kiss on a paw or tilt his head for a kiss on eye pages.  Seems like B might enjoy that too!

No, we don't have it...sounds like a cute book that B would like tho! Just to verify, is it this one? The Pooh one sounds cute too, esp since that's his nursery theme =P I might need to get both =)

• imageinamra:

sounds like a cute book that B would like tho! Just to verify, is it this one? The Pooh one sounds cute too, esp since that's his nursery theme =P I might need to get both =)

yep that is it.  It's a pretty short/simple story but lots of fun for interaction.  I can tell it's one of J's favs.

The pooh book was one I just purchased on a whim at TJMaxx.  The mirror on every page is fun.  And like lots of kids, J loves books with pictures of other babies, and I can tell he tries to copy the facial expression or motion of the baby on each page.  It's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Whos-That-Baby-Susan-Amerikaner/dp/1423128524/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301460754&sr=1-5

• imageMauiWedding08:
    imageinamra:

sounds like a cute book that B would like tho! Just to verify, is it this one? The Pooh one sounds cute too, esp since that's his nursery theme =P I might need to get both =)

yep that is it.  It's a pretty short/simple story but lots of fun for interaction.  I can tell it's one of J's favs.

The pooh book was one I just purchased on a whim at TJMaxx.  The mirror on every page is fun.  And like lots of kids, J loves books with pictures of other babies, and I can tell he tries to copy the facial expression or motion of the baby on each page.  It's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Whos-That-Baby-Susan-Amerikaner/dp/1423128524/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301460754&sr=1-5

I love how both of these books are good for the 4-for-3 deal =) Even better! Thanks so much for the recs!!

• imageinamra:

I love how both of these books are good for the 4-for-3 deal =) Even better! Thanks so much for the recs!!

oh nice!  I just browsed a few others that are eligible... J really likes the Karen Katz lift the flap books.  We have "where is baby's birthday cake" "where is baby's belly button" and "excuse me! a little book of manners"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"