North Carolina Babies

I found the secret!

..to keeping my child in her bed.

Take her swimming after dinner and wear her out. hehe. We recently joined the Y, and have taken her swimming a few times. She is so exhausted afterwards! She wears the little swim vests they have and swims "all by herself." We'll just go from one end of the pool to the other, her giggling the whole time (and us giggling too, at our alterior motive!)

She took a book to bed last night and fell asleep with it on her face. LOL. This Y membership is going to prove to be a great investment. Smile

Funny side story-- be careful what words you teach your toddler. While I was changing in the locker room afterwards, she proceeded to yell to the whole room, "Ooooh! Mommy's nickels!" (ahem..nipples). Good times.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: I found the secret!

• that is so cute!  sounds like a great investment though!  i wish we had a Y around here!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cute! Glad its working to wear her out!
  • Loading the player...
  • def. sounds like you are getting your money's worth from the Y! Between having fun swimming with Holly and her going to bed better for u!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I've thought about doing the same thing.  I can't figure out how to make it work and still get her in bed in time.  We might just try it out sometime anyways. 
  • I think changing in front of your kid once he/she can talk may be a catalyst for embarrassment no matter what words they know!  Stick out tongue

Your story reminds me of one my mom told me about me when I was about Holly's age.  This is prob totally TMI but funny: my mom and I were changing out of swimsuits into clothes in a stall at a public pool and she said I asked loudly "mommy, why are you fuzzy like a bear?"

LOL, unfortunately sometimes you don't have a choice at that age and have to change in from of them! GG on getting her to bed though!

• imagekmb0806:

Your story reminds me of one my mom told me about me when I was about Holly's age.  This is prob totally TMI but funny: my mom and I were changing out of swimsuits into clothes in a stall at a public pool and she said I asked loudly "mommy, why are you fuzzy like a bear?

Ha!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Thats awesome!   I cant wait to take A swimming!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"