North Carolina Babies

My dad has cancer :(

I think I'm in shock.  I found out on Tuesday that my dad has kidney cancer.  I kinda never thought my family would be one of the families hit by this even though it's unfortunately so common.  I'm scared for him, worried we'll loose him to early and overall shocked.  I'm trying to remain positive -- he has two kidneys, it hasn't metastsized (spelling?), so hopefully they just go in and remove his kidney and that's the end of it but there's always those what-ifs.  Anyone know someone with kidney cancer and it all came out ok?  I could use some positive thoughts.  Thanks for letting me share.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My dad has cancer :(

• Just want to share big hugs to you. 

I lost my mom to colon cancer 4 years ago.  It was already Stage 4 when they found it, had already spread.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. :-( I know there is so much they can do these days as far as treatment, and like you said--hopefully it was caught early enough that removing the affected kidney will do the trick.

I know that must be difficult news to digest. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Please keep us posted!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry to hear this.  It is so hard to receive this kind of news.  Hugs to you.

• I'm so sorry to hear this racey.  Hope they caught it early and can treat it. 

My Sweet Girls

• I'm sorry to hear this.  My dad was diagnosed with multiple myloma last spring, and after a rough 6 months or so of chemo and procedures to harvest healthy cells, he is cancer-free.  His was not kidney related, but some forms of cancer are treatable with positive results as it sounds like your father's is.

I'm sending positive vibes and prayers your way.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Awe! Im so sorry! I hope the surgeries and treaments go well. Your in my thoughts and prayers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry. My mom had cancer twice when I was growing up (when I was in middle school & college), but is just fine now. The unknowns are so scary. I pray that your dad will come through his surgery (& any other treatment) and be cancer free soon.
  • Last year the pastor at my church has kidney cancer, like your Dad's it was found early and they removed the kidney and now he is fine. He didnt have to do chemo or radation for it. I pray your dads case is the same way!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am so sorry lady, the 'c' word is so scary!  I hope & pray that he will have a successful surgery an go on with life cancer-free.  Lots of hugs to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry.  I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  • I'm so sorry to hear this Racey! :(  I hope things go well for your dad and removing his kidney does the trick.  I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know I hardly post, but I do read posts now and then...

I just want to send all the positive vibes and prayers your way for your dad. I'm hopeful too for a good result. Hugs to you and your fam.

• Im so sorry to hear about your dad Racey! your dad and your whole family are in my prayers! Cancer is scary and no fun! We have a close family friend with colon and lympoma and he's doing pretty good considering everything. i hope they are able to take the kidney out and be done with it. Good luck and keep us posted! lots of hugs and prayers sent yoru way!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm very sorry to hear this!  It's so hard to hear those words, but it sounds like they caught it early enought to get ahead of it.  I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • so sorry to hear this news Racey. Big hugs to you and your family. I hope everything goes well with his surgery and he never has to deal with something like this again!
  • I'm so sorry about your Dad.  I hope the surgery will be the ticket and he won't need any additional treatment.  Lots of healthy thoughts for your Dad!  Keep us updated.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm so sorry racey.  I would be feeling the same way.  Hopefully they caught it early and he'll be in remission for a long time. lots of T&P for your family.
  • I'm so sorry Racey. I hope that his treatments go well. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • i'm so sorry.  i wish there was more i could say.  (hugs) but we're all here for you. 
  • Oh R, I'm so sorry. Sending many hugs to you and lots of prayers for him and your family.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'm so sorry!  I hope that removing the kidney takes care of everything.  When is the surgery scheduled?
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your father and will keep him, you and your family in my prayers.
  • R, I am so sorry to hear this.  :(  Big Hugs lady!  Left Hug
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I do not personally have any experience with cancer, other than my grandmother who passed away of lung cancer (she smoked her whole life). I hope that they caught your Dad's early enough that removing the kidney will take care of it. I will certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts. Big hugs to you!
  • Hugs! My dad had Stage 4 oral/throat cancer and after a very difficult treatment, he's cancer-free for almost 4 years now!

MIL was diagnosed with kidney cancer about 8 years ago and they did a removal. Its so important to have the regular monitoring which I'm sure they will stress to him.

G/L!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Girl P - 11/15/10
  • I am so sorry to hear that, big hugs for you. I'm so glad they caught it early, and I will say a prayer that the kidney removal is easy and complication free. Keep us updated.
  • I don't have any advice or know anything, but just wanted to say I'm so sorry :(
  • My grandfather had kidney cancer.  They caught it early, removed the kidney and he has lived cancer free for about 20 years!  It never came back anywhere else until now. 
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear this!  I hope the surgery goes well he comes out completely cancer free.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Hugs and prayers for you and your family!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• I am so sorry! Huge hugs!!!

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!  I really appreciate it.

Callie -- the surgery isn't schedule yet.  He goes in on Tuesday to find out the next stage -- I wish it was sooner.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Big hugs to you racey. I know the shock that you are feeling. I still remember hearing the words "Dad has leukemia" when mom told me about my dad last summer. Know that we are all here pulling for him and praying for your family. Feel free to page me if you have questions or want to vent. 
  • Racey, big hugs and positive thoughts headed your way.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry about your dad!
    My friend and coworker (only 33) just found out last week that she has a tumor on her kidney. She's having her kidney removed in 2 weeks. She had no symptoms at all-found on a scan she was having for her gallbladder. Weird how things happen like that. From what she (and the drs we work with) this is one of the "better" cancers to have as they don't treat with chemo/radiation, just surgery. Her urologist did tell her that it doesn't respond well to chemo/radiation if it has mets to elsewhere (which is not totally encouraging). Best of luck to your father! Let me know how things go-I'll let you know how my friend does (or any info she gets re: kidney cancer).
  • I am so sorry to hear this. :( 

Sending positive thoughts your way. It sounds like they caught it pretty early, and that is a good thing. I have no experience with kidney cancer, but my father had prostate cancer 12 years ago and my mother had breast cancer 10 years ago. Both cancers were caught very early and treated, and my parents have been cancer free ever since. It important to stay positive! ::hugs::

Catching up on sports news...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sending good thoughts your way.

• I'm so sorry to hear that, racey. I don't have any experience with that type of cancer, but I'll be sure to keep him, and you, in my thoughts and prayers.
  • So sorry for the news, Racey. I hope his upcoming appointments have good news about his prognosis.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"