Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Some moms are clueless

My neighbor has a baby who is 14 months old. She is a young mother with a young boyfriend who is a complete jerk. He drinks on the weekends when he is watching the baby while she goes to work and I've seen it first hand and I've witnessed him get in his truck with the baby and go to the store to buy MORE beer.

Her baby is front facing in his car seat and he weighs less then DS and DS weighs 24 lbs at 9 months!!!!!

I really want to shake some sense into her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Some moms are clueless

• Instead of sitting next door and doing nothing have you tried to talk to the mom? Or at least offer to watch the baby while the father goes to the store?
  • It's definately frustrating.  It's so hard to tell anyone anything when it comes to their child because people get so defensive.  The forward facing thing at that age isn't the end of the world imo (not something I'd choose for myself, but may not warrant a suggestion at this point) but the drinking and taking the baby out for more beer is pretty crappy.  Is she aware that's going on?

• Loading the player...
  • I text her when I saw that and she text back that she would talk to him. I've offered to watch the baby on the weekends on numerous occasions.

She knows what goes on but she chooses to stay.

• imagedoremi29:

It's definately frustrating.  It's so hard to tell anyone anything when it comes to their child because people get so defensive.  The forward facing thing at that age isn't the end of the world imo (not something I'd choose for myself, but may not warrant a suggestion at this point) but the drinking and taking the baby out for more beer is pretty crappy.  Is she aware that's going on?

I agree.  Our carseat says you can have them forward facing at one year or a certain weight.  We're waiting until we hit the weight mark, but that's us.  I would definitely be more concerned with the drinking.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am concerned about the dad drinking while watching the baby and I've voiced my concern to her and I've even said "What will happen if he gets pulled over and gets a DWI with the baby in the car?"
  • imageMasonismylove:
    I am concerned about the dad drinking while watching the baby and I've voiced my concern to her and I've even said "What will happen if he gets pulled over and gets a DWI with the baby in the car?"

In NY they just recently made that a felony with huge jail time (DUI/DWI with a child under 18 in the car). 

• I think that if you WITNESS a child being in an unsafe situation (i.e. being put into a vehicle with a drunk driver) you have a responsibility to call the authorities (police, child protective services).  How awful would you feel if you didn't call and they got into an accident that killed that baby?!?

• imageJessys_Girl:

I think that if you WITNESS a child being in an unsafe situation (i.e. being put into a vehicle with a drunk driver) you have a responsibility to call the authorities (police, child protective services).  How awful would you feel if you didn't call and they got into an accident that killed that baby?!?

You are so right. My heart would be ripped out. I will do what is right the next time I witness this.

• imagedoremi29:

imageMasonismylove:
    I am concerned about the dad drinking while watching the baby and I've voiced my concern to her and I've even said "What will happen if he gets pulled over and gets a DWI with the baby in the car?"

In NY they just recently made that a felony with huge jail time (DUI/DWI with a child under 18 in the car). 

He has like 4 or 5 DWI's I believe.

• imageMasonismylove:
    imagedoremi29:

imageMasonismylove:

There is no way he still has a license

• imagerobinsokj:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imagedoremi29:

imageMasonismylove:

I don't think he does.

• imagerobinsokj:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imagedoremi29:

imageMasonismylove:

I don't think he does.

• imageMasonismylove:
    imageJessys_Girl:

I think that if you WITNESS a child being in an unsafe situation (i.e. being put into a vehicle with a drunk driver) you have a responsibility to call the authorities (police, child protective services).  How awful would you feel if you didn't call and they got into an accident that killed that baby?!?

You are so right. My heart would be ripped out. I will do what is right the next time I witness this.

Please do this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMasonismylove:
    imageJessys_Girl:

Yes 

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • imagecutie420311:
    Instead of sitting next door and doing nothing have you tried to talk to the mom? Or at least offer to watch the baby while the father goes to the store?

this. 

• imageMainer-in-Texas:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageJessys_Girl:

Please do this.

Yes the next time you see him get in the car, I would call the cops for sure and give them the description of the truck or tell them where he lives so they can wait on him to get back. That is so sad. You sound like a very good neighbor.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • imageKahf15:

imagecutie420311:
    Instead of sitting next door and doing nothing have you tried to talk to the mom? Or at least offer to watch the baby while the father goes to the store?

this. 

she answered to this like 10 posts above

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"