Two Under 2
Options

IMO, the hardest thing about 2u2...

I really found the transition from 1 to 2 pretty easy for me. DD2 is a super laid back baby, great sleeper, etc... the first year was really not all that bad.

But now I'm in for it. Because DD1's tantrums - trying-3s are horrid.... and DD2 is starting with the constant tantrums for every little thing (as least hers can easily be diffused at this point). And having 2 temper tantrum throwing kids is not easy at all. And is really testing my patience. Lord help me!

CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: IMO, the hardest thing about 2u2...

• Options

Mine aren't quite as old as yours yet but mine are getting to that stage also (and DD was not an easy baby and STILL doesn't STTN!). 

Mine fight over everything and one is always screaming. I swear my 2 year old pushes every last button I have some days. It is hard. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I totally agree.

Both of them are on a waiting list for preschool for the fall (Montessori, 2.5 hrs, 2 days/week) If they don't get in - or at least one of them...I may just have to go back to work. Ha!!

Buuuut...I must say...I can't imagine being pregnant and dealing with the TTwos - Oy!

It's just that everything was going so well - we were like a machine! And now it's like nothing is going as planned!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I believe it.
  • Options
    imagebim38106:

But now I'm in for it. Because DD1's tantrums - trying-3s are horrid.... and DD2 is starting with the constant tantrums for every little thing (as least hers can easily be diffused at this point). And having 2 temper tantrum throwing kids is not easy at all. And is really testing my patience. Lord help me!

I am right there with you! My DS1 can throw one heck of a tantrum (way worse than those terrible two tantrums, for sure!). And my DS2 is in the phase of throwing a tantrum over every tiny little thing (but like you said, usually they can be easily diffused). It is certainly a test of patience!!

However, I still thought the beginning was harder, MUCH harder. But I tend to think the newborn stage is difficult. Either way, I just wanted to let you know that we are going through the same thing!

• Options
    imageMr.&MrsS:
    imagebim38106:

I am right there with you! My DS1 can throw one heck of a tantrum (way worse than those terrible two tantrums, for sure!). And my DS2 is in the phase of throwing a tantrum over every tiny little thing (but like you said, usually they can be easily diffused). It is certainly a test of patience!!

However, I still thought the beginning was harder, MUCH harder. But I tend to think the newborn stage is difficult. Either way, I just wanted to let you know that we are going through the same thing!

I like you.  Every time I read one of your responses I feel better.  I have really hated the early stages of 2u2.  DD is just now 6 months and it's sloooowly getting a little better.  Both of my LO's are high need and demanding.  I thought DS was a hard baby and DD showed me a whole new level of "hard."  I keep hoping and praying it will help when she's mobile.  I expect there will be challenges but at least she will be busy!  A lot of people say it gets much better around 9 months...I wonder if that's because LO #2 is usually mobile by that point?

(OP: Sorry to hijack your post!)

• Options
    imageallie_smalls07:
    imageMr.&MrsS:
    imagebim38106:

I like you.  Every time I read one of your responses I feel better.  I have really hated the early stages of 2u2.  DD is just now 6 months and it's sloooowly getting a little better.  Both of my LO's are high need and demanding.  I thought DS was a hard baby and DD showed me a whole new level of "hard."  I keep hoping and praying it will help when she's mobile.  I expect there will be challenges but at least she will be busy!  A lot of people say it gets much better around 9 months...I wonder if that's because LO #2 is usually mobile by that point?

hehe, hijack away :)

Honestly, I was mostly venting because yesterday (and hell, today!) were rough! DD1 is a SUPER high maintenance and difficult baby/child so I really expected the worst with DD2. Instead I got super lucky and I think it was such a huge difference from DD1 as a NB that it really felt easy to me. Believe me, when DD1 was a NB, it was hell and I absolutely HATED the first year. I feel bad saying it, but it was so darn hard!

It did get easier when DD2 was mobile. They play together a lot. And really, it's getting easier and easier in general because DD2 is becoming so independent and DD1 is now very independent. 

But the damn tantrums...OMG. So I should say 90% of the time it's easier then the earlier stages, but those times when they're both on a rampage...I could just lock myself in my room!

CP 3/07
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    imageTelyco:

I totally agree.

Both of them are on a waiting list for preschool for the fall (Montessori, 2.5 hrs, 2 days/week) If they don't get in - or at least one of them...I may just have to go back to work. Ha!!

Buuuut...I must say...I can't imagine being pregnant and dealing with the TTwos - Oy!

It's just that everything was going so well - we were like a machine! And now it's like nothing is going as planned!!

Ha, I've told DH the same...I want (I do) to SAH, but there are days where if DD1 wasn't in preschool, I swear I'd be out looking for a job!

I actually just re-enrolled DD1 for preschool next year, 3 mornings, and I enrolled DD2 for 2 mornings a week in the early-preschool class. I am sooooooooo looking forward to next September and a break! I don't have family in town and DH's parents are only here 1/2 the year, and DH works long hours. So preschool will be my only breaks!

And I agree...I remember being pregnant with DD2 and telling everyone that if I wasn't already pregnant, DD1 would have been an only child in those "terrible 2s" days ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    imageallie_smalls07:
    imageMr.&MrsS:
    imagebim38106:

Glad I can help :o) I know exactly how you feel. At the beginning it was so hard for me. I always felt like I was drowning and I couldnt keep up. Someone always needed something and I was "on call" 24/7. But each month it just got a little easier and now it is wonderful!

Once DS2 was mobile it got a lot better for me. He could where he wanted and if he got bored he could move along to something else. And they play so great together now. I love it.

You will get there, I promise! It sounds like you are already well on your way.

• Options
    We're just getting to the tantrum stage with DD and it's been rough (OMG, today was the worst!) so far with just one kiddo. I'm really worried about what it will be like when I have two tantrum throwers on my hands.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I fear this time so, so much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"