Austin Babies

diaper packaging question...

So my mom is a very heavy smoker. She is dying to start buying stuff but recognizes that I am very much against anything of mine smelling like smoke so she is trying to be considerate. She is starting to buy packages of diapers for me. I'm very grateful for her help.

My question- does the plastic packaging on diapers have any sort of small ventilation holes or anything? I know that some plastic packaging like that has small hole punch holes...

So am I safe?

Re: diaper packaging question...

• yes, they do. i was worried because i stockpiled for our second baby. i was thinking if they are in the garage maybe bugs would get in there Indifferent

too bad, no room inside! but smoke....i dunno? maybe she could keep them in the garage?

09/21/09 and 08/16/2011 image
  • she lives in an apartment and said that she has them tied up in a garbage bag...

I'll figure something out.

• Loading the player...
  • i would think the garbage bag would be plenty! they are packed in there so tightly and there are just a few vents.
    09/21/09 and 08/16/2011 image
  • I think I'll get her some of these....surely she won't take offense. I want her to be able to do this because I know it is a big deal to her.Ziploc? Brand Big Bags
  • We got a lot of hand me downs from some friends of ours that smoke (their poor baby... :( ). Most of the diapers we got were left overs that were still sealed in their bags. The packages that have holes are the ones that come in boxes (larger cases), they didn't really smell to me when I pulled them out of their packaging. If she's getting small packages in bags (like 36 packs or whatever) that don't come boxed, I don't think that those have holes, so you'd be fine. Regardless, just to be safe, have her store everything in a knotted trash bag and you'll be good.

Clothing is a totally different story... We got clothes in trash bags and I had to wash them 2-3 times to get the stench out. Fortunately for the baby, they only smoke outside and in their garage (where they stored the clothes), so she doesn't smell like the bottom of an ashtray, only the top. It makes me so sad when they bring her over to play or for us to babysit and I give her a hug and I'll I can smell is smoke - I assume from hugging her/carrying her, etc.... But that's a whole different story for a whole different post... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"