Northern California Babies

FYI - MIND Institute "Community Day" April 2

Community Day: Saturday, April 2

On Saturday, April 2, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., the UC Davis MIND Institute, located at 2825 50th St. on UC Davis' Sacramento campus, will hold a family-oriented Community Day. Activities will include sidewalk chalk art, an art project contributed by the Crocker Art Museum, a treasure hunt, tour of the MIND Institute?s collection of art by individuals with neurodevelopmental disorders, and tile painting for an outdoor sculpture. The event is free and open to the public and no reservations are required.

The Hardwood Palace Sports and Events Center of Rocklin, Calif., will give basketball tips and Slamson, mascot of the Sacramento Kings, will make an appearance. Entertainment will feature performances by the the California Aggie Marching Band-Uh!, B Street Theatre, Steven Buzzard and Very Special Arts Hip-Hop Group.

The MiniBurger food truck will be on site serving its specialty burgers, with a portion of the proceeds from food sales donated to the MIND Insitutue. The MIND Institute also will launch a ?Be the Science? campaign, intended to encourage people of all ages, including people without disabilities, to participate in clinical research.

?The day will be one of learning, creating and celebrating children and families in the community,? said Maria Kaufman, MIND Institute board member and chair for the event. ?It will be an opportunity for MIND Institute staff to talk with parents, encourage families with typically developing children to participate in research and to offer families of children with developmental disorders information and help, if needed."

Re: FYI - MIND Institute "Community Day" April 2

• My friend just had her son evaluated there.  I'll let her know about this.  I wish we could go but we have plans in the city that day. 
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Aw man! We're out of town :( I'd love to hear how it is if any Nesties decide to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"