Infertility

Considering a surrogate?

My brain went to a very dark place today...and I that place I came up with a theory. In this theory, I have an inhospitable uterus. My RE doesn't believe in this, but I feel like, because our chances were so high last cycle, then failed, that our chances have plummeted. I started thinking and we have 6 embryos frozen, that's only 3 cycles, which means I could be back to doing IVF in a year! Such a scary thought.

So, is it completely rediculous to think we should use a surrogate for our last 2 frozen embryos, if it goes that far? Where do I start?

Fraternal twin boys born 1/12/12 at 36 weeks
Identical twin girls expected in March! 

Re: Considering a surrogate?

• Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but it sounds like you have a lot on your mind tonight and I thought maybe you could use a hug!!!

(((((((HUG))))))))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you, I do have a  lot on my mind! I'm in a very dark place, like I said. My gradfather is passing away, which has me thinking I'm going to die alone! I don't have any family, and DH is older than me so he will go first and I'll be left in a home with nobody to visit me!! depressing...
    Fraternal twin boys born 1/12/12 at 36 weeks
    Identical twin girls expected in March! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I used a gestational carrier, who happened to be my cousin.  Typically clinics want a carrier to use fresh embryo's, and then if needed, that carrier can use frozen another cycle, but that really depends from clinic to clinic. 

Having a carrier can be VERY expensive, unless it is a known carrier like I had.  Lawyers costs are around $1,500 to draw up contracts.  Then if it is unknown you have to pay for doctor's appts., sometimes give living expenses money, and more, often times equaling over $20,000. 

Turning to a gestational carrier was not an easy decision for DH and I.  I had done three IUI's, 2 IVFs, and 1 FET.  I wish I had better news, but for IVF #3, when my cousin carried, it was still a BFN.  Remember, nothing is a guarantee.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    3 IUI's, 2 IVF's , 1 FET , 1 IVF w/ Gestational Carrier, and 1 FET using adopted embryo's = ALL BFNs
    We are adopting!

SAIF/PAIF IS ALWAYS WELCOMED TO POST IN MY POSTS!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"