Houston Babies

mommas who dress up their babies...

Did you take more than just a going home outfit to the hospital or did you just have LO wear the hospital clothes? It seems like a waste of laundry to take some with me, but y'all know how much I've already bought for her...

Re: mommas who dress up their babies...

• We took one going home outfit to the hospital with us. I bought it specifically for that purpose. Baby blue Kissy Kissy pajamas. I still take it out of Joe's baby box and smell it and get teary at the memories.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We packed a special going home outfit for her, it was a little kissy kissy gown with tiny pink embroidery...that she puked up formula all over right when I put her in the car. Formula stains are hard to get out...:(

You should definitely take a cute little outfit for her to wear home :) And maybe a spare in case she spits up or two different sized ones in case she's a small baby. DD wore premie stuff the first week or two she was home and she was an average sized little baby at 6lbs 12 oz...I know lots of babies outgrow 0-3 for the first week though. You never know.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I took outfits in addition to their coming home outfits

Mar sported her Gators onesie since we were in the hospital over a Saturday.

Eliza had a cute Gymbo monkey gown that she wore.

Mostly though, they wore long sleeved side snap oneies with hats & socks for the first few days, since you spend so much time changing diapers.  Also, the nurses got them naked several times while they did vitals, etc, and they changed diapers for us too, so I tried to keep it simple for them.

Oh, and one more thing, if you want cute things in pictures, take blankets & hats.  I think 75% of their hospital photos show them swaddled up, showing off just their faces.

• Ok - so I don't "dress up" my baby - but we only brought the 1 outfit (and maybe a backup, in case it was too big/small).  They are in the little t-shirts and swaddled 90% of the time in the hospital, so you wouldn't be able to see the outfit, anyway.
  • imageMrsMGR:
    We took one going home outfit to the hospital with us. I bought it specifically for that purpose. Baby blue Kissy Kissy pajamas. I still take it out of Joe's baby box and smell it and get teary at the memories.....

Exactly this, same brand outfit and everything.  I think I'm going to do a Kissy Kissy outfit for this baby too.  They're just so freaking soft!!

• imageCareBear01:
    Ok - so I don't "dress up" my baby - but we only brought the 1 outfit (and maybe a backup, in case it was too big/small).  They are in the little t-shirts and swaddled 90% of the time in the hospital, so you wouldn't be able to see the outfit, anyway.

This.  I took two outfits because I knew the one I wanted him to wear was on the large side.  It was labeled NB but you could hold it up to other NB clothes and see it was bigger.  Cooper was 8lbs 1oz, 20 inches and he fit in the smaller outfit so like PP said, you might take a smaller sized outfit just in case.  I also took a hat and blanket for going home, but it was mid-January and it was particularly cold.

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • we had a couple of the basic gerber long sleeve side snap onesies with the little mitten cuffs.  i liked not having to pull things over his head while still having easy access for changing diapers, etc.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I only brought the one "going home" outfit.
  • Brought 2 going home outfits in different sizes, a soft blanket and a few hats in different sizes.  Also brought the side snap Gerber shirts which he wore all of the times with a diaper and socks since he was swaddled and a hat.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • We brought one outfit for each kiddo.  I actually forgot Elijah's and had to send DH home for it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just brought his going home outfit with us. I might have had a backup, but I can't remember. The plan is for this baby to wear the same outfit home. But, I do have matching big brother/little brother shirts if I change my mind.

We were literally in the hospital 24 1/2 hours after G was born before we came home, so he just wore a white t-shirt, diaper and hat in the hospital, all of which they provided. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just took one outfit (a pink Carter's dress). She ended up being small enough to wear it her first Easter too.

Julia is going to wear it home as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekat.in.the.hat:

Oh, and one more thing, if you want cute things in pictures, take blankets & hats.  I think 75% of their hospital photos show them swaddled up, showing off just their faces.

So true!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKimmer123:

We were literally in the hospital 24 1/2 hours after G was born before we came home, so he just wore a white t-shirt, diaper and hat in the hospital, all of which they provided.  

This is a good point.  We were in the hospital 5 days.  Had we been there just the normal overnight or two, I probably would have never changed him into anything other than the hospital shirts.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • T was under the warmer a lot, so there it was just a diaper. I only brought the one going home outfit. 
  • imagehoustonkdw:
    I only brought the one "going home" outfit.

ditto

Until her cord fell off she wore a lot of t shirts

• nitalnital member
    we just brought going home outfits in different sizes.  she was swaddled pretty much the entire time.
    Have you seen my monkey?
  • I brought a nice dress as her going home outfit (a Gymbo dress) and packed an extra little pink sleeper- she wore that the day before we went home.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Have you ever read the blog Kelly's Korner?  She has some PRECIOUS "dressy" gowns for her newborn baby.  The last 6 or 7 posts have pictures with the baby dressed in them.

I don't know what you already have, but those type of gowns would be super easy at the hospital - easy for changes, unlikely to get in the nurses' way too badly, etc. 

Kelly got at least one of them at www.sheshemade.com.

Here's the blog - https://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

• I bought an outfit for him, mostly because my mom kept asking me if I had bought one.  It was a 0-3 month size, but we knew he was going to be big and I didn't want something that could only be worn once if I'd gone with NB size.

I also packed a few pair of NB PJs that we did put him in.  We stayed 3 nights because of a c/s. I liked being able to put him in something other than the hospital t-shirt.  I mean, I looked like hell - at least one of us should look cute!

Be sure to pack some mittens for her, or get the tops with the sleeves that fold down over their hands.

• I took 3 sleepers to the hospital when I had DD.  This is what happened to them...all within a matter of less than an hour before discharge...

sleeper 1 - peed on

sleeper 2- pooped on

sleeper 3 - spit up on

She ended up going home in the hospital tee shirt and a diaper.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagealmostjones:

Have you ever read the blog Kelly's Korner?  She has some PRECIOUS "dressy" gowns for her newborn baby.  The last 6 or 7 posts have pictures with the baby dressed in them.

I don't know what you already have, but those type of gowns would be super easy at the hospital - easy for changes, unlikely to get in the nurses' way too badly, etc. 

Kelly got at least one of them at www.sheshemade.com.

Here's the blog - https://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

YES!!! I have quite a few Kissy Kissy and Baby Dior sleepers (she will be wearing a smocked day gown home), so I don't need those gown yet. BUT I figured out how to make them so I think I'm going to go buy a sewing machine soon. = )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"