Cincinnati Babies

Step away from google!

It only makes you worry more! 

From day one I've been saying that Levi's bottom looks strange.  He's got this small dimple just above his butt, if you look at it quickly it almost looks like a second hole.  My sister said the same thing when I was changing him the other day.  When DH took him to the pedi he told her that I said his butt looked weird, but he didn't understand exactly what I was looking at, so he's not sure she looked at the right thing.  I wasn't there because I was back in the hospital, so I don't know what she looked at either.

My googling has found that it could possible be something called a sarcal dimple.  It can vary from basically a non-issue to a form of spina bifida.  So now I'm obviously paranoid about it.  Does anyone have any experience with this or know more about it?  I'm obviously not positive that this is what it is, but it seems to fit what I'm reading.

Re: Step away from google!

• Stop! Maggie has a little dimple at the top of her crack. It's totally fine! Point it out to the pedi at your next visit but I would guess they would have noticed it at one of his prior checks if it were worrisome.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • My son has the same thing. The pedi looks at it every time we go in making sure that it has not changed. Take a look at it and check if you can see the bottom of the little pit, and if you can than things are fine and you have no worries. Just make sure you point it out at his next appt. so they can keep an eye on it.
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"