Secondary IF
Options

First Question

Thank you for welcoming me to this board! My first question is at what point do you ask your OBGYN to refer you to a RE? I love my OBGYN, but I also want to make sure we go about this proper way, and do not waste any precious time. I would love to hear your suggestions. Thank you! Smile
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First Question

• Options
    After being on clomid for three months in increasing dosages my OB referred me to an RE.  Many women respond to clomid differently so it's probably better to be monitoried closely while on clomid, but your OB may not offering much in terms of monitoring.  Maybe ask your OB what she/he thinks is a realistic idea.
  • Options
    I did crinone gel for about 6 months with my ob and my ob also ordered DH's SAs.  Once we got the SA results DH went to a fertility urologist right away.  I just went to the RE yesterday for the first time and I didn't wait for my ob to tell me to go, I just decided that I wanted someone who specialized in getting people pregnant.  I went to an RE recommended by my friend. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After we ttc #1 for a year with no luck, I went to my ob/gyn to get initial testing done (hsg, bloodwork, sperm analysis).  When we figured out we had male factor infertility issues, I found an RE on my own and set up an appt. This time when ttc #2,  I went back to the RE right away since I knew we needed help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options

For DS, it was after an HSG and 2 months of Clomid that resulted in cysts.

For as-yet-to-be-conceived-#2, we started with the RE after 2 unsuccessful months on our own, including an anovluatory cycle.  But I'm 41 and knew there was no time to waste.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did testing and 3 rounds of Clomid with my OB before getting the referral.  For some reason I was scared to go to an RE...like it meant there was really something wrong if I had to go there.  After making the switch I wished I had gone sooner.  I think doing some testing with my OB was fine but as far as any type of treatment...I would go to an RE first.

Best of luck to you!

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    After 2 rounds of comid and not being monitored Indifferent
    I found this board about that time and the women here begged me to see an RE. I didn't know any better back then Embarrassed

Oh how I wish I didn't have to know all that I do.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    What a wonderful group. Thank you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"