Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C went well

I was kind of surprised actually. The 2 hours of waiting preop were a little nerve wrecking. Thank goodness DH and my sister were there to help keep me distracted. The nurses were amazing and so compasionate. I remember being wheeled into the OR and moving to the table (barely). Then waking up in recovery. It went so smooth. And I felt pretty good afterwards. Minor cramping and no anesthesia hang over really. After everything was done, I felt somewhat relieved. I don't know if that sounds bad. But, to know that now my peanut can finally rest and that I don't have to walk around knowing I was still carrying him/her gave me some comfort. I cried for a while after. Especially when they asked what I wanted to do with the remains. I hadn't even thought of that. I don't know why not. That hit me kind of hard. But I'm doing well now. I just wanted to say thanks for all your support this week. It has helped me more than you all could ever know.

Re: D&C went well

• I'm so glad that it went well! Mine really was a good experience after a lot of bad ones. And I totally understand the relief part. I was relieved for a lot of reasons, that the surgery was over and went well, and that I had closure. But mostly, for the baby, that its ordeal was over.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so glad that your experience was good and brought you cosure.

I remember being caught off guard by the decisions about the remains as well. Of course in our situation, it was silly that we didn't expect that coming. I froze up anytime the subject came up and after we decided the most basics of what we wanted (cremation), my husband took care of the rest. I just went to the funeral home and nodded. All the people we came in contact with during that part of the process made it easier than I expected it would be but... not fun. We aren't wired to have to deal with how to handle our own children's remains.

(hugs) to you and again, I am glad that things went well. I hope you continue to feel closure and healing!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear that everything went well for you, and now you can let the recovery process begin. 

I was never asked about the remains at all when I went in for my D&C, which makes me feel at little uneasy about what happened with that...

BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm happy to hear it went well.  I hope the recovery process is quick and uneventful.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I just want to prepare you that cramping/pain/bleeding may come in a few days.  I had forgotten all the warnings about this, and it hit me hard.  If you have to take pain meds, take stool softeners, too.  Pain meds can make you constipated.  If you start bleeding and need pads, I recommend Always Infinity.  Invest in a heating pad if you don't already have one.

Best of luck!! 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• i am happy the procedure went better than expected. take good gentle care of yourself and rest up. hugs.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelauralew:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I just want to prepare you that cramping/pain/bleeding may come in a few days.  I had forgotten all the warnings about this, and it hit me hard.  If you have to take pain meds, take stool softeners, too.  Pain meds can make you constipated.  If you start bleeding and need pads, I recommend Always Infinity.  Invest in a heating pad if you don't already have one.

Thanks. I expected some, but it was already getting lighter so I thought it would be minimal. I'll keep my eyes open for it the next few days. I did learn the hard way about the stool softener. I just picked one up today. I had been taking percocet for the cramping prior to the d&c and didn't realize until they were admitting me yesterday that I hadn't had a bm since friday. I don't know how I missed that. I am a nurse for crying out loud. Guess my mind is completely occupied. And, my heating pad has been my best friend this last week. Thanks for all the tips :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"