Washington Babies

Well that effing sucked.

Lila and I were at Target, shopping happily, when she started vomiting all over herself.  I was able to keep it from getting all over the floor (by holding a handful of it ::shudder:: and pushing the cart with my elbows) and make my way over to the paper towel section, and eventually to the bathroom.  A nice lady in the bathroom offered to go get a plastic bag from a cashier so I could put the puke soaked jacket and jeans into something.  We washed up as best we could (the cart, too) and then had to go pantless to the clothing section to re-pant.

Fortunately she saved round two for once we got in the house so the hardwoods could take the brunt of it.  Easier to clean than the carseat I guess.

I need a drink. 

Re: Well that effing sucked.

• Oh no bueno.  =(  I hope your little girl starts feeling better fast!  And I hope you get your drink!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ohhh noooo! Hope it's just a 24 hour thing. C had a puke virus a few months ago and man it's hard when they are that little.  Good luck - hope she feels better soon! "Clink" goes the wine glass. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh ***, that is ROUGH! ((sorry)) Hope Lila feels better and I hope you had the foresight to pick up a bottle of Merlot in between paper towel and pants.
  • I swear it wasn't the cookies!

Poor Lila! I hope this is just a quick thing and that she's back to normal soon! Hugs to you both!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh no, that sounds miserable! I hope she feels betters soon! You deserve a drink for sure.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • I've washed my hands like 10 times and I can still smell it.  Blar. 

imageMrsEditorJax:

I swear it wasn't the cookies!

Poor Lila! I hope this is just a quick thing and that she's back to normal soon! Hugs to you both!

Nothing like butter chicken coming back up.  Ick!  And I'm guessing since I ate more of everything than she did (including the rest of the bag of cookies Embarrassed) that it can't be a food thing.  You guys are feeling okay, right?

• Oh no!  I hope she gets over it very fast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • That happened to us at Safeway a few weeks ago.  Poor Gavin had to ride home in just a onesie:(.  I thought that, now that he's a year and a half, I didn't need to carry an extra set of clothing.  After that happened, I put a spare set of jammies in the car for each kid, just in case.

I hope Lila feels better soon.  Poor baby.

• imageiHeartHimMore:

I've washed my hands like 10 times and I can still smell it.  Blar. 

imageMrsEditorJax:

I swear it wasn't the cookies!

Nothing like butter chicken coming back up.  Ick!  And I'm guessing since I ate more of everything than she did (including the rest of the bag of cookies Embarrassed) that it can't be a food thing.  You guys are feeling okay, right?

BUTTER CHICKEN! Yeah, we're fine, and I had been eating the cookies since this morning. Poor Lila!

I feel your pain, too -- the last time I went to the good ol' Olive Garden, Collin threw up all over me in the middle of the grocery store. It was just fabulous. Talk about a never ending pasta bowl. Argh.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry :(  I hope you get that drink soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh yucky!  Poor both of you - hope Lila is feeling better soon!

Oh - and try something citrus- y on your hands - an orange or lemon slice, or even lemon juice might get rid of the nasty funk.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KNemoKNemo member

Poor Lila! Max has something too. I smelled vomitty smell around 3 PM, MASSIVE nasty blowout! We've never puked, so I think this is just his version of whatever flu is going around. NOT FUN!

Get well soon, pretty girl!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Poor girlie, I hope she feels better soon!
  • Thanks ladies.  She's now happily watching Mickey on mommy and daddy's bed (with 2 large crib pads underneath her, just in case...).

She's never puked before so this was all very jarring for both of us.  I really, really, really hope we're done now. 

• Oh no!  How craptastic.  You deserve two drinks!
  • Oh no!!  Poor baby girl (and you!!)!!   Hopefully its just a temporary bug and not something thats going to hang around!
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • So sorry.  It does not sound like a fun trip to Target. 

My baby had it from both ends this morning.  He puked up up his baby food, and I just started crying.  I had just cleaned up his runny poopy diaper, and I had a "Ah" mommy moment--all I could do was cry-I felt so helpless.  We cleaned up his carseat on Monday night--he puked up orange--must have been carrot baby food. 

I talked to the triage nurse, and she recommended Pedialyte in small doses.  And we saw our pediatrician this morning who talked to us about keeping him hydrated.  Baby has not been eating as much lately.  So I was thinking he was better and fed him some baby food, and he puked it up this morning.  Our pediatrician said that if you (as an adult) were not feeling well or had just vomited would you want to eat something.  The baby is the same way--so it has been Pedialyte, water, and formula for just today. 

I hope that she gets better. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Oh boo! I had a fun filled morning of puke too...only he did it on purpose because he didn't like what he ate! Be glad she missed the carseat. I've been subject to it twice and hes even done it in my Moms car...ugh!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Blech. Puke is never fun especially when cupped in your hand. Hope she feels better soon. 
  • Oh poor Lila - I know how you feel, Coop did it to me in the car last week when we were 5 minutes from home, argh not pretty!!!!

Hugs to Lila & enjoy your wine!!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Sad Poor peanut and poor mom.
  • :-( I'm sorry. I hope she feels better soon! Nothing worse than a sick kid in public.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ewwww, that really does suck.  Sad Poor baby, and poor mama, that is no fun for either.  Hope she's feeling better soon.
  • Ack!

Poor Lila and poor Mama! You do deserve a drink. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh, that's so terrible!  Hope it passes quickly. How nice of that woman to help you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boo poor girl! I hope you she is feeling better! M did that a few months ago :( 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • No fun for you or her! Glad she seems to be doing better now.
  • Drinks

Drink up, lady.  Poor Lila.  And poor you for having to deal with it like that at Target- YUCK!  I would've been swearing under my breath the whole time.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aw, sorry you went through that!  I hope Lila feels better soon and that you are drinking right now.
  • Yikes. That sounds miserable! At least you were somewhere you could buy new clothes huh? But still. Poor thing! I hope she's better soon.
  • Props to not getting it on the floor, dude! Barfing kiddos are the WORST! I hope she's feeling better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"