Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Question on registration fee for preschool

I sent in the application and fee in a few weeks ago.  It was due by March 21 (I sent it in somewhere around the 10th).  It has not gone thur my account as being cashed yet.  You get it back if your child does not get a spot.  Can this mean spots were filled up or could they just be waiting until the cut off date.  I just hate checks out there thats why I never use them.  I would rather give cash, money order or cashiers check but I did not know if preschools would take those for registration fees.  Should I have heard back from them by now?  I want to get her in preschool this year since we are only doing one year then K well this is the only year left for preschool and all the dates and coming to an end to enroll your kids.  I did call yesterday but have yet to hear back from the school. 

Re: Question on registration fee for preschool

• Options
    I stopped writing checks for DD1's nursery school. It was ridiculous...sometimes held a check for over a month. It's been bare minimum in our checking lately (maternity leave) and I didn't want it to bounce. Can you send a quick e-mail about the check? It seems like I never get a call back, but usually they'll respond to an e-mail.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our preschool was very specific:  applications due on this date, you will hear about placement on this date, then have to accept or decline the slot by this date.  It's tough if they are keeping you hanging and you don't know what to expect!

The school hangs on to checks FOREVER so we've starting writing the checks out of a separate account.  These are the only funds that come out of there so we know there won't be any mix ups with funds being available, losing track if it takes too long, etc.  Sad that we have to do that but it really has simplified things.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got paper work a few days ago.  dd is in the class we picked yay.  The check will be cashed next week.  I just know next time no more checks to this place.  She did ask if I needed the check to be held because of funds so that was nice.  I have the money set aside in a checking account that we hold gym payments in so we have it I just hate checks sitting out there like this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"