Breastfeeding
Options

Is it eaiser the second time around?

Expecting my 2nd at the the end of April, I had a rough couple months nursing my daughter, very painful. But we managed to get threw it, the pain eventually went away and I continued to nurse her until she was 18 months :) I was wondering if you had issues in the beginning with #1 was #2 the same or was it easier?

Also, I have a $10 Amazon coupon burning a hole in my pocket - I was looking at breastfeeding supplies, any recommendations? Any "new", must have nursing item out there? I haven't looked at this stuff in 2 years LOL I saw these Bobby Tubes - https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Mama-Angel-Booby-Tubes/dp/B000PGHMA0/ any one use these?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is it eaiser the second time around?

• Options

Definitely easier the second time around. You have so much more confidence and that makes a huge difference. With your first, both you and baby have to learn. 

I had the typical latch issues with #1 to the point that we would both be crying because I couldn't get him latched on right, I had engorgement, etc. With #2 I didn't have any problems with latch or engorgement. Just sore nipples for the first few weeks :) 

Congrats and GL!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Much better the second time around.  I agree with the confidence factor leading to less stress and in turn more milk and a happier baby.  With the first I made it only to 6 months secondary to low supply, and those 6 months were so hard.  This time things are going great, baby is growing , supply is strong, and I just feel so much better about BF.  The only bad thing this time around was an episode of mastitis. Oh well, I can't complain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Id say yes just because I knew what a latch should look like and how to position him already. With my first, I had super sore nipples from a poor latch in the very beginning, went away after a week once I fixed the latch issues. This time, since I had been nursing my dd the whole pregnancy, I didnt even get sore nipples. And since I have a 2nd nursling, I didnt get engorged either. My new LO took to bfing with such ease- his latch was perfect and he was eager to nurse very soon. Smile
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"