Northern California Babies
Options

Party date question

It's kind of crazy that I'm thinking about Eve's next bday party right now since her bday is in January, but I won a party at a local bounce place on FB. The coupon expires 12/31 which is actually the Saturday before her bday...but it's also New Year's Eve.

So, would you take your kid to a bday party on NYE? It would be earlier in the day, so shouldn't get in the way of party plans that night. I just wonder if I should call the owner and beg for them to extend the coupon one more week or just throw a huge mid-summer party for no good reason.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Party date question

• Options
    was there any exculsions on the prize? Like you can't use it on a holiday? If not then i would go for the NYE party, and if thats a no go, then a fun no reason at all party in the middle of the summer would be lots of fun too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd first try calling and seeing if they'll extend the date by a week.  Tell the manager it's your daughter's birthday and you'd like to have her party then.  Doesn't hurt to ask!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we are always busy before nap time every day of the week, gotta get that energy out! . it wouldn't bother me to be envited to a party in the morning of NYE.
  • Options
    I would take my kid to a party on NYE day - we haven't done anything very exciting for NYE since having kiddos so it wouldn't make a difference to me. But, we don't travel around the holidays and a lot of people do. M's bday is 12/27 and we always have his party the first/second weekend in Jan because of this. I'd definitely call and see if you can extend.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think you'd be pretty safe on NYE as long as it's early. 
  • Options
    I'd probably call and see if they could extend the date. If you were inviting people that weren't local, they may not want to drive that far on NYE with the crazies out there.  But if most of the people you'd invite are local, it would probably be fine to go ahead and have it on NYE.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have been going to a kids NYE party at our local children's museum for the past 3 years, and the highlight is the countdown to noon (because it's new year's somewhere!) with confetti and sparkling cider.  I would totally do your daughter's birthday on NYE, especially if you can do it from either 10-12 or 11-1, and make sure you all countdown to noon.  So fun!
  • Options
    imageMeritage:
    We have been going to a kids NYE party at our local children's museum for the past 3 years, and the highlight is the countdown to noon (because it's new year's somewhere!) with confetti and sparkling cider.  I would totally do your daughter's birthday on NYE, especially if you can do it from either 10-12 or 11-1, and make sure you all countdown to noon.  So fun!
    Had to laugh at this because I do this every year for my seniors :) I call it our Happy "Noon" Year party and count down to noon. That would be a fun spin!
  • Options
    I would go to a bday party on NYE b/c 1.) we don't really go out for NYE and 2.) if we did, we would go out in the evening so a kid's party in the day wouldn't conflict with our plans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"