Washington Babies

WWYD with 2 hours and no kids

I have two hours to kill tomorrow morning after I drop the girls off with the ILs and before I meet DH for a lunch date in Seattle. What would you do with two hours? It can take place anywhere between Issaquah and Seattle. Bonus points if it involves little to no money spent (so shopping is out).

I have some ideas but I want to hear what you come up with.

Re: WWYD with 2 hours and no kids

• So this isn't a no money one, but I would go get a pedicure.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would take my Kindle to Starbucks and read and drink a latte in peace.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsEditorJax:
    I would take my Kindle to Starbucks and read and drink a latte in peace.

Heaven!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My first thought was pedicure!  Do you have any gc's you can use some where?  If your kids are like mine it would be nice to go back home, take a "real" shower and get ready without being rushed or stopping to deal with messes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Take a run by myself and then a long hot bath with a book.  Or get caught up on a trashy show on Hulu.  
  • first probably just sit in complete silence for a few mins, and reflect on how peaceful it is when no one is touching you or whining at you. 

:)

I like the idea of a latte and a book/ magazine, or even better get some kind of treat that you wouldnt normally be able to get b/c your toddler cant have it too, and would freak out if you told them "no." 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsEditorJax:

After a nap, or spa, this sounds amazing.  I might just go find a Barnes and Noble and get a latte and browse magazines.  So silly, but I never get to read magazines anymore or move at a snail's pace, and I'd love an hour or so of that.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honestly, sleep.  Otherwise, I would enjoy the silence and read or take a nice, long bath.
  • I would take a run then come home for a nice long shower in peace without having to rush :) OR

Get a pedicure .. I havent had one in ages ..

• imagekaskade:

imageMrsEditorJax:

After a nap, or spa, this sounds amazing.  I might just go find a Barnes and Noble and get a latte and browse magazines.  So silly, but I never get to read magazines anymore or move at a snail's pace, and I'd love an hour or so of that.

Yes! I would combo this with Leanne's suggestion of a treat you don't have to share with a begging toddler. Magazines, an iced chai, a treat, a comfy chair, quiet...ahhh.

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • I'd either take a bath and then lay on the couch with a book, or go to a coffee shop and read a magazine or do a crossword uninterrupted.

I'm sensing a theme here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I opted for Panera Bread, a breakfast sandwich, a coffee and Great Expectations. It was lovely.
  • I'd probably take a nap.  :)  I can't believe people would run.  I guess that's why I'm fat and they're thin.  :)

Reading at Starbucks sounds good too. 

• imagechibipoe:
    I opted for Panera Bread, a breakfast sandwich, a coffee and Great Expectations. It was lovely.

Yes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"