Health & Exercise

Group Power & Maybe Pregnant?

Hi Everyone!

I'm typically on the TTGP board, but I thought I'd stop by here real quick to ask a question. Thanks ahead of time for hearing me out!

So I've been taking a Group Power (very similar to Body Pump) class for quite some time now. I go anywhere from 1-2X a week but I'm not the most regular at it. Sometimes I'll skip a few weeks here, a month there. Anyway, my DH is on a real kick to get back in shape and wants us to go 3X a week, but I'm a little concerned. Honestly right now I don't know if I'm pregnant, I could be, or I couldn't be, I'm waiting until 14 DPO to test, but I'm worried if I am that such an intense work out 3X a week could hurt a growing baby. This may be a stupid question (my DH thinks so...) but I'm all paranoid about it. I tried to google it but found no clear answer so I thought I'd see if anyone knew about it on here. Any advice would be really appreciated....

Thanks again!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Group Power & Maybe Pregnant?

• i wouldn't but I am extra careful since i have a loss.

ask the OB to be 100% safe. and always stay hydrated and as long as it is not too hot or there is no jumping you should be safe-ish, can you contact your doctor?

ps also wear a Heart rate monitor and do a talk test. if you are PG dont try anything new but if your not then I think it should be ok.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Always ask your OB but mine said as long as I was doing it before I could continue through out pregnancy. SHe told me to listen to my body and i did a class similar to this until 5 months pregnant. Then I couldnt keep up with the cardio part of it anymore. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice ladies! I considered calling my doctor, but my DH started making me feel like it was such a dumb question that I shyed away. I'm just paranoid I guess...if I am preggers I don't want to do anything that could jeapordize that at such an early stage. I thought maybe if I used super light weights it'd be okay, but I'm still nervous. I think I'll take your advice and call my doctor.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageCWSKHC:
    Thanks for the advice ladies! I considered calling my doctor, but my DH started making me feel like it was such a dumb question that I shyed away. I'm just paranoid I guess...if I am preggers I don't want to do anything that could jeapordize that at such an early stage. I thought maybe if I used super light weights it'd be okay, but I'm still nervous. I think I'll take your advice and call my doctor.
    gl. FX for a Happy & Healthy 9 mos ticker soon!

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am in a similar situation and asked my RE about hot yoga during the 2ww and at this point in a maybe pregnancy, the concern is heating up your uterus.  I guess studies show that people with fevers have a higher chance of an embryo not implanting.  So, I would ask your OB anyway, but activities in moderation that don't heat your core temperature too much shouldn't be okay. 

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Stopping things because you might be pregnant is the road to insanity.

I kept exercising normally all through first tri, and really only slowed down around 30 weeks. The longer you keep up a normal routine and the better shape you're in at the start, the better you will feel. There isn't any danger in moderate exercise early in pregnancy (hot yoga may be the exception, but honestly, I never saw the allure). Live your life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"