Austin Babies
Options

ugh, more spotting :(

It's brown (I think? I'm wearing bright pink underware), and just a little on my undies and when I wipe.  We haven't had sex since I spotted the last time.  Now I'm really freaking.  All this time I haven't had that excited feeling before my appts like I did with S, and I've just been anxious and now I feel like I have a reason to be anxious and it sucks. 

I have my 12wk appt in the morning.  Do I call about this?  Just wait until the morning?  I have an u/s with the tech, and then just a nurse visit.  Should I call and try to see the nurse before the u/s?  I'm just so scared now.  And DH isn't home yet.

Re: ugh, more spotting :(

• Options
    I'm so sorry! I know it's impossible not to worry, but try to remember that spotting is VERY common and brown blood is nothing to worry about. I'd be willing to bet your placenta is down near your cervix and it's all just very easily irritated. If it were me I'd just wait til morning and keep the u/s as the very first thing. That's what is going to give you the most reassurance. (((hugs)))
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options

imagerssnlvr:
    I'm so sorry! I know it's impossible not to worry, but try to remember that spotting is VERY common and brown blood is nothing to worry about. I'd be willing to bet your placenta is down near your cervix and it's all just very easily irritated. If it were me I'd just wait til morning and keep the u/s as the very first thing. That's what is going to give you the most reassurance. (((hugs)))

Ditto.  It seems like Joyco had spotting/bleeding all.the.time so hopefully she'll chime in with her experience.  I'll be holding good thoughts for you and your bean!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Brown blood is way better than red, because you aren't "actively bleeding" right now. And it sounds like a really small amount. I had it so often during my first trimester this time, just because my cervix was a little inflamed and tender.

• Options

yeah, I remember reading brown and pink spotting was OK, bright red was when you should be concerned.

hope everything is OK!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had random dark brown spotting in my first trimester.  It scared the crap out of me, but I was always told it is better than fresh bright red blood.  I'm sure your little bean is just fine! 
  • Options
    Ditto all the PPs.  I've had random spotting (not after sex) here and there an each time my doc says it's OK since it is brown and not to worry.  yeah, right!  Scares me every time but I try to remember that spotting is very common.  I'm so glad you have an appt in the morning anyway so your mind can be put at ease very soon.  Hang in there!
  • Options

So sorry!  I have a friend that spotted with all three of her pregnancies and she has three beautiful children.

I'm glad you have an appointment tomorrow.  I'd just keep it the same, mainly because I'd want to get to the u/s asap. 

Please keep us updated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"