Georgia Babies
Options

Arghghhhghghg!!! Vent Post

I am about to explode from stress!  We rent our house out for Masters Week and are supposed to be leaving Friday (as in 3 days) to go to FL for Spring Break.  It has been raining since Saturday.  So that means the painters that were coming to repaint our carport/laundry room/front of the house = Cancelled until ??  The company coming to service our Grill= Cancelled until Wednesday between 2:00-5:00 (do you guys have any idea what Augusta, GA looks like on the Wednesday of Masters Week?) The guy coming to clean our windows = rescheduled for Tuesday. The landscapers we hired to clean up the yard, pretty up the flower beds, cut down some brush in the back yard, reline the bricks around the front walk, etc. = cancelled until ?? The guy coming to pick up 2 rugs to have latex backing on them = cancelled and now I have to figure out a way to get in 1 8x10 wool rug and a 12x14 sisal to the rug place tomorrow, by myself, and I have all ideas that they aren't going to be able to get them back to me in time which means I'll probably have to figure out something else completely to do with the rugs.  The rug in our living room slides off of the rug pad and is constantly bunched up.  Any suggestions on what to do for it?

All of this means that 98% of the stuff that has to get done is going to be when I'm 10 hours away and my parents will have to oversee it.  The good news is that the renters are not coming until Wednesday night and it is supposed to stop raining this Sunday so hopefully everything will get done but sheesh, I hate cutting it this close and leaving with everything up in the air.  And my husband = the worst.  I keep having to tell him not to worry that it's all going to be okay but really, that's HIS job.  He is supposed to keep me from freaking out. 

Oh, and did I mention that my car started making this crazy noise last night so we had to take it to the shop today which means that I didn't have a vehicle to run any errands of which I have about 500.  There was a rock jammed in my front left break.  How random is that?

Okay, I think I feel better now.

Re: Arghghhhghghg!!! Vent Post

• Options
    Uhg, what a nightmare, I can only imagine how stressed out you are - I was feeling stressed just reading your post!  I am sure it will all come together in the end, and really, if some of that stuff doesn't get done in time I seriously doubt the renters will notice, they are there for the golf, right?  Sidenote: I LOVE the Masters and I think I would have a hard time leaving for them!  Every time I have been it has been truly magical. If I were renting your house all I would care about was that was clean and gave me somewhere to rest my weary feet, continue my drinking, and take a shower.  =)
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    crazy times!!! but I am so excited about the Masters this year...I bought DH Sunday tickets for his birthday and he is stoked about it! He has been for a practice round but has always wanted to go on Sunday. and he's taking me of course...he really didn't have a choice in the matter since I used my bonus to buy the tickets. hahaha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    this is why we do not rent our house for the Masters. too much stress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageBuckheadBride06:
    this is why we do not rent our house for the Masters. too much stress.

i know but it really does end up being worth it for us in the end. it is hectic and crazy right now but the silver lining is that my house and yard will be nice and pretty when we get back and its more than enough to pay for an extra trip tp the beach this summer. plus, it lights a fire under my rear like no other to clean out and declutter everything. 

• Options

Deep breath.

If it all gets done...that's fabulous.  If it doesn't, i doubt anyone will notice except for you and it will get done eventually.

Do what you can, and then have a big fat drink when you arrive at the beach.

• Options
    imageKerrin:

Deep breath.

If it all gets done...that's fabulous.  If it doesn't, i doubt anyone will notice except for you and it will get done eventually.

Pretty sure I'm going to have a big fat drink the second my husband pulls out of the driveway on the way to the beach.

• Options
    imageK&P414:
    imageKerrin:

Deep breath.

Pretty sure I'm going to have a big fat drink the second my husband pulls out of the driveway on the way to the beach.

I just tried to "like" your post. And then realized I wasn't on FB. 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    kepkep member
    Hope you can relax a bit ASAP. I have family who live near Bristol Motor Speedway and rent out the bottom half of their house (has a separate entrance and driveway, etc.). There is some good money to be made in a single weekend, but it is a lot of work to get ready, etc. Have a great spring break!
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"