Eco-Friendly Family

Dilemma re: childcare & DH travelling

DH has to work Sun-Mon this week out of town and it happens to be within a really reasonable distance from my parents' house.  This happens a few times a year and what he normally does is take both boys with him and my parents watch the boys while he works during the day. 

This year is different because J has his t-ball team photos on Sunday afternoon so he needs to stay here.  DH proposed just taking C with him and leaving J with me.  We'd have to make sure that daycare had space for him on Monday (they normally attend T-F) but I don't anticipate this being an issue.  Also, since DH normally doesn't work on Mondays, his employer will foot the bill for daycare Monday.

So the dilemma is, do we 1) not have DH take any kid with him & send them both to daycare on Monday, or 2) have DH take C and leave J with me?

I like option 2 because I think J could really benefit from some time alone with me (he's having some recent jealousy issues), plus we could go see my friend's new baby (I don't want to take C b/c it could overwhelm her & C is not as predictably well behaved) on Sunday after team photos.

I worry about C feeling like he's being sent off or something, although he loves to go to my parents' house he's never been there without J.  He'll cry for me no matter what though.

Sorry for rambling, any opinions appreciated.  :)

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
Posts on cloth trainers/PLing

Re: Dilemma re: childcare & DH travelling

• I think keeping J and sending C to grandmas is a great way to do it. Each of them get some "special" one and one time. Then maybe next month you can reverse and you can spend an afternoon with C alone while J spends time with dad alone.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • imageMystery2B:
    I think keeping J and sending C to grandmas is a great way to do it. Each of them get some "special" one and one time. Then maybe next month you can reverse and you can spend an afternoon with C alone while J spends time with dad alone.

ditto!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesophabelle:

imageMystery2B:
    I think keeping J and sending C to grandmas is a great way to do it. Each of them get some "special" one and one time. Then maybe next month you can reverse and you can spend an afternoon with C alone while J spends time with dad alone.

ditto!

This! And stress to each one how you planned this special weekend for them and how much fun they'll each have.  

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i am in the other camp, i hate breaking up the kids b/c they miss each other so much. but if you think they will benefit from time apart, i say go for it!
  • I vote for split them up. You could totally use the one on one time with J and C will be just fine at grandma/pas house. Will he get to hang with daddy "alone" if he goes? If so, then double bonas for the quality time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"