Preemies
Options

Probably dumb question about cervical checks

I'll start getting cervical checks at 18 weeks.  How exactly do they do it?  Is it a transvag u/s?  I know the one I'm getting at 18 weeks is, because they're also going to do my anatomy scan then.  But the ones after that, are they u/s too? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Probably dumb question about cervical checks

• Options
    ijackijack member
    dildo cam baby :)
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Options

imageijack:
    dildo cam baby :)

Awesome.  But that means you get to see the baby all the time too then right?  That's a perk. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, vag cam.  To tell you the truth, it is pretty difficult to see the baby on the vag cam...at least during cervical checks...unless the head is like RIGHT.THERE.  Most times I didn't see the baby...but, then again, they're not showing you the monitor every second either.  They're specifically measuring your cervix and that's the job they are there to do.  My first check, the doc was really nice and gave me a regular U/S first so I could see the baby...but every one after that was like "Ok, let's take a look (meaning, let the doc take a look)."  Then I would get a measurement and they said things looked great...a little stress test by putting pressure on my abdomen to see if the measurement changed...and then they were done.

HTH!

• Options
    imagemrsfriend:

Yep, vag cam.  To tell you the truth, it is pretty difficult to see the baby on the vag cam...at least during cervical checks...unless the head is like RIGHT.THERE.  Most times I didn't see the baby...but, then again, they're not showing you the monitor every second either.  They're specifically measuring your cervix and that's the job they are there to do.  My first check, the doc was really nice and gave me a regular U/S first so I could see the baby...but every one after that was like "Ok, let's take a look (meaning, let the doc take a look)."  Then I would get a measurement and they said things looked great...a little stress test by putting pressure on my abdomen to see if the measurement changed...and then they were done.

HTH!

Thanks!  That helps alot.  I know I'll get to see the baby with the first one, since it's my anatomy scan too.  But after that I wasn't sure what to expect. 

• Options
    ditto! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"