High-Risk Pregnancy

Officially began my GD "life" today

Fasting level was 90.  Had oatmeal, some cheese, toast and peanut butter.  I was surprised at how much I got to eat since normally all I have for breakfast is a bowl of cereal.  Now 30 min. before I have to check my levels post-meal.  Hopefully it won't be high or low!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Officially began my GD "life" today

• Happy 1st day eating! LOL...

Although I have to say I'm jealous of the amount you are allowed to eat Embarrassed

Good luck with the diet though. Everyone on here says it isn't that bad and you'll get used to it, I'll admit I'm not there yet, but hang in there and I'm sure we will all get there soon enough!

• imageCADE387:

Happy 1st day eating! LOL...

Although I have to say I'm jealous of the amount you are allowed to eat Embarrassed

Good luck with the diet though. Everyone on here says it isn't that bad and you'll get used to it, I'll admit I'm not there yet, but hang in there and I'm sure we will all get there soon enough!

I've been working on it since 29 weeks and I still have a rough time.  Good Luck OP!  I hope you're able to keep everything under control!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  My first post-meal check was within the range so I'm off to a good start.  Hopefully I can stay vigilant.  It was rough taking a whiff of the orange I peeled for DD and not being able to eat a slice of that sweetness!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good Luck! I was diagnosed at 12 weeks, now 27 weeks. It does get easier. I have only gained 3 lbs and that is all baby. You can find a lot of yummy stuff to eat. It is all about portion control!
  • It does get easier. I was Dx'd at 14 weeks - I'm now 7months pp.  I only gained 1 lb during pregnancy (so really I lost a lot).  I joke now that having DD was the best diet ever, I was so motivated to be good.  I'm now about 30lbs lighter than when I got pregnant and still mostly stick to the diet, even though I do have to. It's just so ingrained
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"