TTC after 35

What would you call IF treatment in an email to someone?? need terminology

Ladies,

I need to quit a committee I'm on for a non-profit. They have meetings every 2 weeks during lunchtime and I just don't have time to make that commitment since I'm already late for work with monitoring. I will NEVER get any work done at this rate. So, I just need to say no.  I'm trying to word the email and don't want to tell these people I hardly know that I am doing IF treatment. I feel weird calling it a medical condition or issue as I don't want to give them impression I am sick. Not sure what to do. HELP!

ETA; tried to change my messed up title but it did not work..

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

Re: What would you call IF treatment in an email to someone?? need terminology

• I am just a lurker, but couldn't you just say you're undergoing fertility treatment right now?  Is it a woman you're emailing or a man?  If you're dealing with another woman, I'm sure she'll understand and not need more detail than that. 

Couldn't you also just say that you have other, more demanding "obligations" right now that you simply don't have time for this committee right now? 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejarbatz:

I am just a lurker, but couldn't you just say you're undergoing fertility treatment right now?  Is it a woman you're emailing or a man?  If you're dealing with another woman, I'm sure she'll understand and not need more detail than that. 

Couldn't you also just say that you have other, more demanding "obligations" right now that you simply don't have time for this committee right now? 

I'm emailing a number of people, men and women. I do not want to disclose that it is fertility treatment as I BARELY know these people.  It's too personal to tell in this situation. I don't want to just say I have other obligations as that sounds like I am just trying to get out of it.

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • I can totally understand what you are saying. I'm at home drinking my second glass of wine in the middle of the day. I had every intention of going back to work but got some bad news and just could not muster going baack. So now I'm not "feeling well" and will be back tomorrow. I like the "not feeling well" solution. Hang in there.
    TTC #1 since 2/10 Me 38 FSH 12.9 & AMH 0.16 DH 47, low sperm count due to meds. 07/11 We have sperm! 28 million, 70% motility, morphology 1% normal. 08/14/11 1st IUI unmedicated BFN. 09/11/11 2nd IUI w/ Femara + trigger BFN 10/14/11 trigger & Final IUI 10/16/11 BFN 10/21/11 Started acupuncture and loving it! 01/21 ET one embryo 6 cell grade C. Beta 02/02. BFN. Taking a much needed break. image
  • imagewinidpu:
    I can totally understand what you are saying. I'm at home drinking my second glass of wine in the middle of the day. I had every intention of going back to work but got some bad news and just could not muster going baack. So now I'm not "feeling well" and will be back tomorrow. I like the "not feeling well" solution. Hang in there.

I used the not feeling well for work before! Don't feel bad. This committee meets every 2 weeks starting this week until the even in October. I can't use "not feeling well" for 6 months. That's why I need to resign and just don't know what to say. I need wine too!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• QE2QE2 member
    You can just say you'll be undergoing a medical procedure. Hopefully they're not too nosey and ask what kind.
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagejarbatz:

I am just a lurker, but couldn't you just say you're undergoing fertility treatment right now?  Is it a woman you're emailing or a man?  If you're dealing with another woman, I'm sure she'll understand and not need more detail than that. 

I'm emailing a number of people, men and women. I do not want to disclose that it is fertility treatment as I BARELY know these people.  It's too personal to tell in this situation. I don't want to just say I have other obligations as that sounds like I am just trying to get out of it.

Hmm....I get it.   I don't know...that's a tough one...if you're completely vague about your treatment, people will assume you have cancer or something like that.  IMO, I don't think saying that you have other obligations sounds like you are trying to "get out of it".   But you could be more specific like saying "personal obligations"....I think everyone values their time as much as the next person and it's really none of their business what your other obligations are...if you barely know these people, then I don't think you owe them an explanation beyond that.   You can't be everything to all people, as my mom has told me many times.  GL!

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejarbatz:
    imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagejarbatz:

Hmm....I get it.   I don't know...that's a tough one...if you're completely vague about your treatment, people will assume you have cancer or something like that.  IMO, I don't think saying that you have other obligations sounds like you are trying to "get out of it".   But you could be more specific like saying "personal obligations"....I think everyone values their time as much as the next person and it's really none of their business what your other obligations are...if you barely know these people, then I don't think you owe them an explanation beyond that.   You can't be everything to all people, as my mom has told me many times.  GL!

So true!  Ok, I just said I had a personal obligation that was time consuming and would not have time to properly participate in the committee.  One of the people on the email is a partner at my firm. I will tell her the reason if she responds asking if everything is ok.  I just feel like a jerk because last year my wedding was my reason for declining to work on volunteer things. I hate being THAT person who is SOO busy they can't help. Damn you IF!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• I think I would probably go with the broad "family obligations" and that perhaps in the future when things have settled down you would like to assist the committee again. Then if someone asks for more specifics you can decide if you want to tell them or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"