High-Risk Pregnancy

Pre-E and GD with first pregnancy and question...

I had Pre-E and GD with DS. Since I am pregnant again am I automatically considered high risk? Or will I only be if I produce either one of these complications again?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Pre-E and GD with first pregnancy and question...

• I didn't have Pre-E with my daughter, but I did have GD. I wasn't considered high risk until I was diagnosed with GD again. Since you had an additional complication, I would ask your dr if they'll be treating you as high risk again right away.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am high risk for having had pre-e before. I see a regular OB, but he started me on biweekly appts at 22 weeks (had pre-e at 25 wks last time) and has done an extra growth u/s and NSTs the past few weeks since I've developed PIH.

(And not that you asked, but.... You are not necessarily going to get either GD or pre-e this time, though you could. If it gives you any encouragement, I had severe pre-e at 25 wks and delivered at 27 wks, so I was given pretty high odds of repeating (50-70% as opposed to overall repeat stat of 20%), but here I am at 40 wks with just slightly elevated BP and no pre-e! I didn't even have the PIH until 35 weeks and it's being managed well with just modified bedrest and no meds - except I've been on LDA since pre-conception.)

Good luck! I hope you don't have any complications this time around Smile

Also, be sure to check out Preeclampsia.org for more pre-e info if you're looking for it.

• Loading the player...
  • wow! :) Thanks so much for these answers. I didn't even honestly know there was a website for Pre-E
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • not sure about the GD. As repeat risk for pre-e it depends on when you had pre-e. I had it at 23 weeks (so 2nd tri) and that jumps me to 60-70% repeat for pre-e. I think the later you have it the less likely it will come again or if you do have it again it won't be as severe. They may not right away place you high risk but you may have more appointments to monitor you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"