Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

excessive eye boogers

DD had a cold last week with a fever that lasted a few days (gone now) but now she's got a runny nose thats been with us almost a week now. And in addition to that now she has this eye booger thing thats been going on for about 2 days. The whites of her eyes are white but her eyes do look a little puffy, she's not rubbing them or anything. I don't know whats going on, I can't call the Dr until tomorrow so I jsut wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this issue.

Re: excessive eye boogers

• Options
    Are the eye boogers yellow-greenish? If so she might have pink eye.
  • Options
    I took DS to the Dr for excessive eye boogers last week...it was pink eye. sigh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

they are yellow greenish. Isn't pink eye usually really itchy though and doesn't it make the white of your eyes red? She never rubs her eyes.

• Options
    I know for my DS, at first, it just started with the boogers, and we went in the next morning. There was no redness then. But later that day, and into the next day is when the redness started. It wasn't really severe either. He did do alot of eye rubbing, though. They were itchy. Maybe it's in the very early stages?
  • Options
    Fab. We're out of town so I guess we will hit the walk in clinic tomorrow.
  • Options
    can you get some chamomille drops. it might help a bit
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagedaisy_dueller:
    I took DS to the Dr for excessive eye boogers last week...it was pink eye. sigh.

Same here. DS did not have eyes that were pink, just a bit puffy and only a bit gooey, but it was pink eye. It cleared up really quickly with the meds.

GL...

Also we didnt' ahve to go to the doc, just called and explained the situation and they phoned in a script. 

• Options
    Oh! Thanks so much!!! I sooo was not looking foward to dragging both babies with me to the walk in clinic tomorrow morning! Maybe ours will call one in too
  • Options
    Goopy eyes often mean something is going on with the ears. Has LO been tugging or changing sleep patterns. I would have the ears looked at too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"