Cincinnati Babies

Another c/s ?

OK, I know that every other post I write is about c/s now, but you guys have been helpful so I'm going to post again :-)

How much pain & bleeding is normal two weeks out? 

For the last few days I've had very little pain - just soreness really, and very little bleeding (only needed a pantyliner). However today my pain and bleeding really increased. DH has gone back to work so I have been doing much more baby care (all the diaper changes, carrying her around, etc.) that he did while he was off, and I know that activity can increase these things but I wondered at what point do I need to worry that it's not within the normal range?

Piper has been at daycare, but DH works evenings tomorrow and works over the weekend, so I'll have to take care of her too. I'm concerned I'll cause a set back in my recovery but I don't really have a choice.

Re: Another c/s ?

• It sounds like you're doing really well.   :)

I can say for sure that I had some level of bleeding on and off up until about 8 weeks pp.  It is definitely normal for you to have more now that you're moving around more and that you're only 2 weeks out from your c/s.  I honestly would not worry unless you are soaking pads really quickly.  What you are experiencing now sounds completely normal to me.

The one caution my doctor gave me was not to lift anything heavier than my baby in a carrier, or about 25 pounds, for the first two weeks.  That might be a good rule of thumb.  I know Piper's over 20 pounds now, but she's small enough you don't have to worry.   :)

You will probably have some level of discomfort/pain on and off for about 6 weeks.  I was pretty well back to normal after the first few weeks, but every now and then I would have pain.  As long as it's not shooting or lasting, I think it's normal.  There's a reason that women get 8 weeks for a c/s vs. the 6 wks for a vaginal delivery.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • The pain and bleeding will come and go for the first 6 weeks.  Your pain should be tolerable at it's worst now, and just a little tenderness or soreness the rest of the time.  If it gets more painful or your bleeding increases, just try to spend a little more time off your feet for a day (easier said than done), and it should get better.  It sounds like you are right on track for a quick recovery.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree 100% with PP.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things! Hang in there!

• Thanks for the reassurances! I guess I was just kind of freaking out because I felt like I got a lot worse overnight. But you're right, I'm sure everything is fine and I'll have better and worse days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"