VBAC
Options

Short intro and ?

::Reposted from Natural Birth Board::   I have been lurking here for a very short time and very sporadically. I am getting ready to have my second baby and am getting very anxious about delivery. Depending on how everything looks in about 8 weeks I'm planning on doing a VBAC. I'm wanting to stay at home for as long as possible during labor so I'm not bothered by all of the hospital staff about an epidural and what not. My first labor was 16 hrs and I live about 45mins-1hr from the hospital I'm planning on delivering at. How long would you ladies recommend waiting to go to the hospital? I'm very nervous about this because it is a VBAC and I'm having a hard time finding info on Natural VBACs. TIA.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Short intro and ?

• Options

That's tough to say.  How far along did you get in your first labor?  I didn't progress past 2 cm before DS went into distress.  As a result, my VBAC was treated as a "first labor".  My midwife told me that had I progressed closer to 7-8, they'd consider it more of a second labor (and expect it to go more quickly).

I'd recommend looking into having a doula who could come to your house beforehand and maybe help you decide when is the best time to go.  Hopefully the hospital staff will leave you alone regardless of when you get there.  My hospital staff was awesome.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    If you're that far away, you might consider getting a hotel room near the hospital when you first start labor then you when you feel like it's time, head on over.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jb&JbJb&Jb member
    Going off of what MAprincess suggested, can you hire a monitrice doula?  If you're not familiar, basically it's a midwife acting as your doula.  That way she can check you and be aware of the signs that mean you need to head to the hospital.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"