Washington Babies

NBR: Any at home remedies...

To help get rid of "Chicken Skin"?  I have those annoying little bumps on the back of my arms, I never had them before...so I blame it on my weight loss.  My friend would always get them too when she would lose weight.  I was thinking of getting a good exfoliating wash at Target, or adding sugar to my current wash.  I know they have treatments out for it but they are too much $$!!  If anyone has any ideas other than what I was thinking, I would be very thankful!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: Any at home remedies...

• It's called keratosis pilaris or pilaris keratosis. Google remedies for it. I like this lotion called amlactin. You have to use it consistently for a while bit it works. It has lactic acid in it and it dissolves off that gross layer.
  • My midwife told me if I took omega 3s it would go away! I got the plant based ones at Target, but have only taken a few so I dont know the long term. But she's probably right :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageblueLu25:
    My midwife told me if I took omega 3s it would go away! I got the plant based ones at Target, but have only taken a few so I dont know the long term. But she's probably right :)

I started to take Fish oil but it made me itch, and I didn't want to risk being allergic which is strange because I'm not allergic to fish.  But I might try it again since I bought a huge bottle at Costco!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    It's called keratosis pilaris or pilaris keratosis. Google remedies for it. I like this lotion called amlactin. You have to use it consistently for a while bit it works. It has lactic acid in it and it dissolves off that gross layer.

This stuff really helps!  My arms are pretty bad, but if I am diligent about using it twice a day, it's not too noticeable.  Costco sells it in a big bottle at the best price I can find.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"