Virginia Babies

Daycare recommendation in NOVA?

My little baby girl is 7 weeks now and we want to find a daycare for her in mid-May. Any recommendations? Preferably in Springfield or Herndon/Reston.

Thanks!

Re: Daycare recommendation in NOVA?

• Hands down, head over to the Kindercare on Isaac Newton Square in Reston.  It is off of the Toll Road (Wiehle Exit).  Do not head to other Kindercares in the area.

A little background on the school:  It was formerly Mulberry (private daycare) and Pals before that.  The teachers have anywhere from 5 to 30+ years experience; most of the teachers have been there for decades!  Loni Fenton is a relatively new director (to the school), however, she is excellent!  I have children 7 years down to toddler and a 15 year old sister, all have attended, the staff is the same and they all LOVE working with children.  There is a TON of light, lots of windows, the infant rooms are seperated out more than other schools (i.e. early walkers move up a room); there are 4 infant rooms, 2 toddler (16 months - 24 months), 3 two year old rooms, 2 three year old rooms, 1 "transitional" for 3/4 year old room (some kids skip this room), 2 4 year old rooms (kids are simply seperated according to space in this room), kindergarten and school age; the school is 6 wks to 12 years. All of the rooms allow for movement so that your child is always with children of similar development levels.

The office staff (Ms. Loni, Ms. Mary, Ms. Carrie) are supportive, all the staff listens and are engaged with your child and with you. 

I cannot say enough about this school it is SO wonderful! 

• My son goes to Minnieland, which is awesome. Before that he went to Play and Learn in Herndon. I don't recommend them. If you need more info let me know. shrrmlls@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"