Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Air Fresheners AT DAYCARE!!!

I can't stand the smalls of them, what do I need to do, complain AGAIN?!?!?

How do I nicely say, it is not good for indoor air quality. Here is the problem, they think it smells in there from diapers ( I can't smell it) so they turn up the plug in on full blast by the door.

Other problem, the director & asst director are out on ML. It's really aggrivating me seeing that my dd has allergies. There are so many thing wrong with this place, solution would be to find a new place but my dd is comfy there.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Air Fresheners AT DAYCARE!!!

• Options
    I would be so upset. I would talk with them and if they didn't find a solution then I would tell them I am going to find a new place. Why not research some natural, kid safe air fresheners? Then you can have some ideas for them and research behind it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you ask your pediatrician for some information? My pedi told me that air fresheners, scented candles, and the like were aggravating LOs allergies.  That would at least be some stronger backing than just mommy concern!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If your DD is truly allergic to the air freshener, then she is not comfy there. 
  • Options

If you're truly set on staying there (though I'm not sure why you would be if there are 'so many things wrong' there), I would contact the pedi for information to share with the daycare or a note requesting/ordering no air fresheners are used.

If there are so many things wrong, not knowing what they are, I would say find a new place and your dd will adjust to the new place.  We switched daycare providers after a year or so and ds did so much BETTER at the new place. He adjusted quickly and fell in love with the place.  He doesn't go anymore, but he still asks about his teachers and friends there.  His teachers also babysit for us now!  It's worth looking into.

Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
    Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
    Losing it...Without Losing it
  • Options
    Thanks gals, I will contact them!!

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Oh I forgot to mention, one of the teachers said it is the diapers from her infant room. I mentioned getting a diaper genie and she said she was unsure of the "regulations" with them so I contacted the the Dept of Early Ed and they said that is fine to use. I want to ban all of these unnecessary chemicals in schools. They are afraid to use anything that is not "acceptable" like Seventh Generation etc...so frustrating.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    I would remind them of dd allergies and explain that those things can trigger allergy attacks. I would explain how over-powering the scent is and while you understand that they are trying to prevent odor, there are more natural ways.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagethe_jackpot:
    I would remind them of dd allergies and explain that those things can trigger allergy attacks. I would explain how over-powering the scent is and while you understand that they are trying to prevent odor, there are more natural ways.

I Agree!!

CafeMom Tickers

• Options

Buy them a diaper genie if you feel so strongly. Or a diaper champ. It keeps smells in even and you don't have to buy the special refills.

I agree with the person who said that if she's allergic then she is NOT comfy there. And just because you say you can't smell it doesn't mean it doesn't stink. Would you want to work 8 hours a day smelling poop? Provide them with more natural air fresheners. They're probably not aware of them, plus if they're expensive it may not be in their budget. 

All things to consider. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I give the side eye to a daycare that doesn't know the regulations about diaper disposal. I mean, isn't that what they do!?  Hmm I vote leave them and their stinky air!
  • Options
    So what are the other problems you have?
  • Options

At the daycare I worked at we just had bowls of lavender on shelves the kiddos couldn't reach. We'd go out and pick the lavender with the kids sometimes, too.  

Here's a link to some homemade air fresheners:
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

imageandrealynn0707:
    So what are the other problems you have?

This.  If there are a lot of things I'm not sure your DD being comfortable is reason enough to stay.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"