Eco-Friendly Family
Options

We survived our first two nights home...

We came home on Monday night from the hospital - in much better shape than we did after Quinn was born - only 3% weight loss and zero jaundice.  The nurse said his bili levels were the lowest of all the babies on the floor that morning!  Such a relief!  Quinn lost so much weight and was so jaundiced, we were at the pedi's office 3-4 times a week for at least the first two weeks. 

So the first night home we got almost no sleep at all.  Poor DH said "he was awake all night!" and I said "well... no he just woke up all night to eat."  It only FEELS like all night when it takes 45 minutes to nurse him and then he sleeps for *maybe* an hour before he wakes up to eat again!  He was super, duper gassy (is that normal?)  and shrieking from gas pains - it was so sad.  

Last night was a little better - he really only wants to sleep on mama, though.  But we got one good 3 hr stretch and then it was every 2 hours after that... not too bad, I guess.  My milk came in, though... thanks to him being such a little nursing champ - so hopefully that will help satisfy him.  

Overall... not too bad... Quinn loves him and DH is being wonderful.  I'm such a lucky lady :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: We survived our first two nights home...

• Options

Aww! 

Sounds like everything is going well, satreece. Congrats, again :) 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

Oh, those first nights.  Sam slept on me or in the moby for the longest time. :)

I'm glad things are going well for you guys.  Don't forget to drink lots and take care of yourself!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"