North Carolina Babies

Potty seat rave

Holly never really took to stand alone potties, and we've been using potty rings--a Bjorn one, and a First Years one, both of which I got at consignment sales. The Bjorn one is great--I have no complaints about it. But the First Years one, though it has worked fine, has to be taken apart and cleaned ALL the time, because pee will get between the two parts of it. If you don't clean it, it dries inside and is just gross. Ugh.

So I bought this "real" toilet seat last week, and have been SO happy with it so far! I really wish I would have gone straight to this from the get go. I love not having to worry about where to keep the ring when not in use, and pee getting everywhere. When not in use, it just folds away into the lid.

Just thought I'd share!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Potty seat rave

• the family i used to babysit for in highschool and college had one of those and LOVED it!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Did you order it online or can you find it locally?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBackthePack:
    Did you order it online or can you find it locally?

I ordered it from Amazon. I did look at Lowe's (who did not have anything like it), but otherwise, didn't really look locally.

• That's really awesome!  I might have to get one for Nate's bathroom.
  • imageMrsHughesNC:

imageBackthePack:
    Did you order it online or can you find it locally?

I ordered it from Amazon. I did look at Lowe's (who did not have anything like it), but otherwise, didn't really look locally.

Thanks! I've heard a number of good reviews about those and planned on getting one (maybe 2) for our house.

Of course, that is if my child ever gets potty trained. He told me last week that big boys wear diapers too...ugh!

• thanks for posting this! Now I can not worry so much when we finally move and E has her own b-room upstairs! Wish I could get 2 but it's a little pricey, we'll see though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the rec ::files away for in a few months::

Follow up: Would you all with PT'ed kids rec having one for upstairs and downstairs? Or is is feasible to run to the bathroom with the kid seat each time?

• personally right now in the middle of the PT process id want it downstairs as close as possible cuz when he has to go he has to go, but i can see further down the road if his bedroom/bathroom were upstairs that i'd maybe want it up there but at the same time if the livign spaces are downstairs they'd spend most of their time downstairs.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsMcJamie:

Thanks for the rec ::files away for in a few months::

Follow up: Would you all with PT'ed kids rec having one for upstairs and downstairs? Or is is feasible to run to the bathroom with the kid seat each time?

Holly can go without a potty ring just fine, but is definitely more comfortable with one at home. We had rings on our half bath downstairs and "her" bathroom upstairs (until I got this new seat for her bathroom). The rings at least are pretty cheap, so I'd recommend having at least something in each bathroom.

I figure I will eventually get one of these seats for our downstairs bathroom too. If for some reason she needs to use the master bathroom, she can just deal. hehe.

• At our old house, we had one for upstairs and downstairs.  Now that we gloriously live on one level (for the most part), we only need to worry about DS's bathroom.  Hallelujah!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"