Austin Babies
Options

what do you do with your newborn all day?

Jack sleeps most of the day, but when he's awake I want to try to keep him entertained.  We do tummy time, play on his activity mat, I read to him....what else can I do with him?  He's only about a week and a half old. 

Re: what do you do with your newborn all day?

• Options

Read, tummy time, stroller walks, put him in the swing and push it (instead of turning it on), sit in the yard and stare at the trees (he's really entertained by this....I'm entertained by him being entertained!), put him in the Bjorn and do chores (he seems to like the sounds- vacuum, running dish water, etc.), turn on music and dance with him.....

How's BV going with the baby?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

BV is going ok.  My husband is home during all of my shifts so he takes over wiht the baby while I'm working.  The only issue is when I have to BF - he obviously can't do that for me Smile.  Other than that, it's been ok so far. 

How's it been going for you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there!  I have the same problem, I feel like I run out of things to keep her entertained.  She really likes to look at herself in the mirror now but only within the past few days and she is a bit older than your DS.  I also take her for walks but she falls asleep as soon as I put her in the stroller.  Do you have a boppy?  She loves to sit in her boppy and just stare at the tv or the ceiling fan.  I asked the pedi if it's ok for her to stare at the tv and she said yes, they are only seeing the light.  She loves anything with lights, her playmat has a music thing that lights up and she'll stare at that for a long time also.  Let me know if you come up with other ideas!
  • Options
    When Rhett was that age we rotated through the exact same things you suggested over and over again. I also took him up to the state park and took him on walks since we don't have a neighborhood with sidewalks. He really enjoyed just being outside in the stroller. He also liked to be propped up on the boppy to just stare at the fan and lights for long stretches of time. It's funny what entertains them when they are so little!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

Sing, dance, talk, read, walk around look at lights, etc.  I found this site useful when Aby was a baby and I ran out of ideas.  I printed out the picture cards when she was an infant and she loved staring at them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"