Georgia Babies

Sitter Question

We're thinking about leaving Marlowe with a sitter for the first time for about 7 hours on a Sunday afternoon.  One of her daycare teachers has offered to watch her at her house, so how much would you pay her to watch a very mobile one year old?  Is $10 an hour too little, too much?  I have no idea on this!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sitter Question

• We pay $12 an hour.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have no idea either.  I just wanted to pop in and say I love your new siggy picture.  She sure has grown!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageElaine&Matt:
    I have no idea either.  I just wanted to pop in and say I love your new siggy picture.  She sure has grown!!

Thanks, it sure has been a quick year!  And I love your new picture too, he's like a little man now! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We pay $12 per hour too. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • kandgkandg member
    We pay $10/hour to the grad students we use. Our daycare workers request $15/hour if they watch DD (even if she's sleeping the whole time).
    DD1 9/13/08; DD2 9/25/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kegkeg member
    We pay $14/hour for our daycare teachers to sit, but we've got two kiddos. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• We pay about $11-$12 per hour.  That's when our sitter comes to us, though.  If you are dropping her off at the sitter's house I might pay a little less since it's more convenient for the sitter.  So, somewhere around $10-11 sounds about right.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • We paid $10/hour when it was just Bailey and now we pay $12/hour for two. Oh and that's the sitter coming to us.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our sitter comes to us and we pay $12/hour.  But I have also been quoted $15/hour by other sitters (for one child).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would think it would be okay to say something like 'I was thinking of paying $10/hr if you keep her at your house and $12/hr if you keep her at ours.'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"