June 2011 Moms

Bump = Perks

Over the past few weeks I've noticed that my bump is not only getting my some extra attention, but it has also earned me a few perks.

Example 1: When buying a new car and having agreed to pay the price the dealer asked, he knocked off an additional $500 when I sat down to write the check!

Example 2: We are moving in about a month and today I dropped in on our new landlord to ask a few questions.  I managed to talk him into replacing the carpet before we move in and painting accent colors in two rooms.

What extra perks or unexpected acts of kindness/sympathy has your bump earned you?

image   image   imageimage
William Lawrence 5.18.11
#2 Due 4.4.14

Re: Bump = Perks

• I just got my "celebrity status" experience yesterday at a focus group.  One of the ladies offered me her seat and then I got bombarded with questions about the pregnancy.  Who knew people were that enthralled by a pregnant lady?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• A lady offered me her seat at a train station.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • People open doors and offer me their seats... However I sit all day at work so i'm usually happy to stand!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH had already went to pay the bill for our dinner last night and a stranger asked me if I needed help getting out of the booth. Too sweet!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • At work I've received gifts for the baby, and the  people giving them are not even my coworkers! One was the driver for UPS delivery!
  • At clinical in the hospital, nurses are offering to give up their seats so i can sit. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A nice guy at my condo complex took my trash to the dumpster for me when he saw me taking it out of my trunk the other morning.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At Home Depot the lady at the check out wouldn't let me carry the bag of things we just bought. It was all very small items, I really can't even remember what all it was. Not heavy or anything. I reached out to get the sack and she pulled it away from me and handed it to my husband and said something about me not needing to carry things. I thought it was a little silly, but hey I'll go with it!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I was at the hair salon the other day waiting for my appt. and a boy (must have been around 14 years old or so?) saw me standing and quickly got up from his chair and offered it to me.  I didn't know teenagers could be that polite!  I didn't really need to sit, but I took him up on the offer since he seemed so eager to help out!  That made my day.
  • I got free valet parking at a ski resort since the guy felt sorry for me - my DH and friends were skiing and I was just trying to park and wait for them at their hotel until they were done. Saved me $14 for the parking- I tipped him well though just for being so nice to me :)
  • I never seem to be without a chair when I'm out :)

At school, whenever they reward the kids with popcorn or pickles or something, then give me one, too... for the baby, they always say.  The other teachers give me bottles of water all the time.

At Cheddar's (twice now) I've gotten 2 of those yummy honey butter croissants with my salad instead of one.  Didn't even ask- just mentioned how yummy they were.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• imageSarahAndBen09:
    I was at the hair salon the other day waiting for my appt. and a boy (must have been around 14 years old or so?) saw me standing and quickly got up from his chair and offered it to me.  I didn't know teenagers could be that polite!  I didn't really need to sit, but I took him up on the offer since he seemed so eager to help out!  That made my day.

I think that just made my day. You always here about teenagers being...well...teenagers and especially a boy. I hope my DS's grow up to be that polite.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"