North Carolina Babies
Options

Need recipes for Easter lunch

We're having my parents, IL's, and my brother & SIL over for Easter lunch, as has become tradition.

This is the menu I've come up with, but need some recipe ideas for a few things:

• Ham biscuits
  • Herbed turkey breast
  • deviled eggs
  • macaroni & cheese
  • salad (some sort of tossed salad)
  • fruit salad/ambrosia
  • bread & olive oil/spices for dipping

I am in need of recipes for the last 3 items. For the mac & cheese, I want to go homemade, and want one that comes out nice and creamy--the homemade ones I've tried tend to come out dry.

For the salad, all I can think of is Ceasar, and that's kinda boring. So I was thinking of some more "interesting" salad, already tossed in a dressing. Anything with feta or blue cheese is out, and I don't really like sweet dressings.

And, I'd like just some kind of refreshing, yummy fruit salad.

I plan to do cake truffles (shaped as Easter eggs, in pastel colors), and these orange cookies for dessert.

Sound like a good menu? And--does anyone have any recipe recs for the last 3? TIA!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Need recipes for Easter lunch

• Options

2 of my favorite easy salad recipes:

#1- chopped romaine, slivered almonds, craisins, and shaved parmesan tossed in Brianna's Blush Vinaigrette (the bottle has a huge strawberry on it)

#2- chopped romaine, grape or cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers and croutons tossed in Kraft Creamy Italian

Your menu looks tasty! 

• Options

Menu looks great!  I think Pioneer Woman has some amazing mac and cheese recipes that aren't too difficult and definitely tasty.

For a salad that is a little different, we like spinach leaves, craisins, goat cheese and a vinaigrette.  I know you said no blue or feta, but goat cheese is a little different and not the bitter flavor, so I threw it out there for you :)

We did fruit salad for O's birthday, and had raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, grapes and blackberries.  We also bought a yogurt based fruit dip that was great.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I second pioneer woman mac n cheese:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Duh--why do I always forget that? I should always consult PW first! hehe..

This mac & cheese recipe? Looks pretty failproof...

Thanks for the other ideas too!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Yep, that is the mac and cheese!  SOOO good.
  • Options

My mom makes this a lot and everyone always raves over it- I guess it is more of a slaw than a salad, but I think it would work well with your meal:

2 T. sesame seeds (toasted)
    ? c. sliced almonds (toasted)
    1 bag of angel hair slaw
    4 green onions, sliced thinly
    1 pkg. Top Ramen Noodles (Oriental flavor)

Dressing:
    2 T. sugar
    ? c. oil 1 t. salt
    3T. apple cider vinegar
    1 t. Accent

Mix sugar, oil, salt, vinegar, Accent, and flavoring packet from Ramen Noodles together.  Set aside.  Put cabbage in a bowl.  Add broken up Ramen Noodles, sesame seeds, green onions and almonds.  Just before serving toss well with dressing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejenhum:

My mom makes this a lot and everyone always raves over it- I guess it is more of a slaw than a salad, but I think it would work well with your meal:

2 T. sesame seeds (toasted)
    ? c. sliced almonds (toasted)
    1 bag of angel hair slaw
    4 green onions, sliced thinly
    1 pkg. Top Ramen Noodles (Oriental flavor)

Dressing:
    2 T. sugar
    ? c. oil 1 t. salt
    3T. apple cider vinegar
    1 t. Accent

Mix sugar, oil, salt, vinegar, Accent, and flavoring packet from Ramen Noodles together.  Set aside.  Put cabbage in a bowl.  Add broken up Ramen Noodles, sesame seeds, green onions and almonds.  Just before serving toss well with dressing.

I was going to post this recipe too!  It's my go to salad when I need to bring one.  It's so yummy!  Have you tried lightly sauteing the ramen noodles in a little butter - it's really good this way. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"