Washington Babies
Options

Learning to walk on hardwood floors

Next question, far less emotional.  Big Smile

LO is already cruising from furniture to furniture.  Most of our house is hardwood, and we can't put rugs over all of it.   All his socks are typical baby socks with some grip on the bottom, but they're not cutting it... he's constantly slip-sliding away. 

What's the best option... Bare feet?  Shoes?  Something else?

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Learning to walk on hardwood floors

• Options
    Bare feet is best.  We have hardwoods too and both kids were sockless for months while they learned to walk. Once he is walking more than crawling, spend the extra $$ to get good quality shoes.
  • Options

My son always wore Robbez ( or the Target brand) because his feet would get to cold going barefoot.  Worked great and no slipping.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bare feet!  Of course my kids almost never wear socks or shoes when we are home.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Options
    Barefeet and if you need to put something on, try robeez over the socks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep bare feet.
  • Options
    Bare feet.  Our upstairs (similar house layout) is hardwoods and I kept him barefoot while he was learning to walk at home.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have mostly hardwoods in our house too, only carpet in bedrooms upstairs.  Zach learned to walk on the hardwoods, barefoot.  We all don't wear socks in the house due to slipping and falling issues, we think bare is best.
    My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image
  • Options

Thanks, all!

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

We used Hanna Anderrson socks - stayed on great and the grippers are the best I've seen.  A little too cold for bare feet around here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"