Babies: 0 - 3 Months

when did/will you remove the infant insert from your car seat?

DS seems a little squished. He is 3 months and about 12lbs.  I took it out today and he seemed fine.  He has great head control.  What is everyone else doing?  I'm hoping this helps him to hate the car less...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: when did/will you remove the infant insert from your car seat?

• We just took it out yesterday. DS is 3 months and probably about 13 lbs. I think the instructions said 10 or 11 lbs. but we kind of forgot about it! We left the head piece in, though, because he still has plenty of room and I think it's more comfortable for him when he falls asleep in the car.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • The car seat inspector told us at about ten pounds for our seat or if she starts to look squished. I have a chicco keyfit 30.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • oh yea, I have a Graco SugRide 35 if that makes a difference
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It should tell you in your manual.  For my Chicco seat, it specifically says to take it out at 11 pounds.
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • We have the snugride 35 and DS is at 10lbs9.5oz and he still needs a washcloth rolled up on one side with the infant insert so he doesn't bobble around :/
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS is almost 3 mo and took it out a couple weeks ago mostly because he seemed sooooo uncomfy (he screamed every time we put him in), but seeing how much room he had around his head we put on thick strap covers which keeps his head from falling forward. It seems like the perfect compromise for him since he was sooooooooo miserable and squished looking and apparently feeling with the insert in (I have a snugride35)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The manual for your car seat will give specifications on when it is safe to remove the infant support for your particular seat.
  • I have the Chicco and the head support and body support are separate.  I probably removed the body part of it too soon, but she was so unhappy being put in her car seat.  As soon as I removed it she was much happier.  I'm thinking we'll remove the head support soon as it's starting to look like her head is a little smushed in there.  Oh and DD is 9lbs 6oz now and the support has been out for several weeks now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"