Secondary IF

Surgery scheduled

Exploratory lap is scheduled and will be done by RE in late May.  Hoping to get some answers and hoping if there is something, it's benign and fixable. 

Could adhesions/scar tissue from prior c-section and previous lap (removal of ovarian teratoma, along with left tube and ovary) cause issues?  I'm also worried about endometriosis. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
IUI x4 = BFN
IVF = sometime in 2012

Re: Surgery scheduled

• Oh sweetie...the unknown can be scary.  Adhesions and scar tissue can most definitely cause issues.  Lots of luck to you and sending vibes for an easy fix. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I must have missed your post about what was found and when. I had a previous lap and c section and they just found an endocervical mass on an HSG. My dr is doing another lap along with a d&c, check of my lining and dialating my uterus among other things. It kind of sounds like we're in a similar boat but I could be totally mis reading your post. My dr is concerned about cancer but also thinks there could be other issues. They found some endo last time on the lap but there is concern it's back. ugh, it's just so stressful to have the unknown hanging over you.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have answers for you, but I just wanted to say good luck with the surgery.  I hope it goes well and you get some answers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My RE said adhesions/scar tissue can cause issues and since I had had a c/s he brought that up.  I'm so sorry you have to go through surgery and having this big unknown over your head. 

I hope you can get some answers sooner (maybe it's worth another call to the RE to see what he thinks might be the issue or have him explain things a bit more).

• My RE said adhesions/scar tissue can cause issues and since I had had a c/s he brought that up.  I'm so sorry you have to go through surgery and having this big unknown over your head. 

I hope you can get some answers sooner (maybe it's worth another call to the RE to see what he thinks might be the issue or have him explain things a bit more).

• JMayJMay member
    I don't have any information for you, but I want to wish you luck with the surgery. May it all go well!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • I don't have any other helpful info to add, but I wanted to wish you good luck. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • I am also useless on the answers department, but happy to offer up support...my best wishes will be with you that they find something easily fixable and you will be back along your way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"