Birth Stories
Options

My X-Mas Eve Baby

I always loved reading others stories, so I figured I would share mine...

I went for a checkup on 12/23/2010 and was dialiated 2 cm 60% effaced, my due date was 1/3/11 but my ob said she would be shocked if I made it to then. I honestly thought I had at least a few days left...nope. On X-mas Eve at exactly 3:08 am my water broke. I had insomina that night so I was actually bored working on the computer when it happened. It was a hug gush, unmistakable that my water broke. So I woke DH up and we got ready to go to the hospital. I had absolutely no pain and was not feeling any contractions but they still wanted me to come in. We took our time getting there and when we arrived it was already 5:00 am. When they hooked me up to the monitors it showed I was having regular contractions every 6 minutes or so, but I still didn't feel anything. At this point I was 3 cm dialiated. I remember I did not start feeling my contractions unitl about 9:30 am, and then they hit me like a Mack Truck. It was all lower back contractions because he was sunny side up. It was awful, so I ordered my epidural and they gave it to me when I was 4 cm dialiated. The epidural did not hurt at all but he did insert it in the middle of a contraction which is probably why I didn't feel it. Well, the epidural did not work! They told me to wait 45 minuts to see if maybe the medicine needed to saturate. After 45 minutes still no relief, so they were going to fix it. They wanted to check me first to see my progress and I was 10cm!! No time to fix my epi, it was time to push! I pushed for about 30 minutes and baby C was born at 2:05 pm on X-Mas Eve. I did have a second degree tear, but I honestly did not feel them stitching me up. I was too busy taking in my new miracle that everything else was just a blur. He is such a great baby, and I feel so lucky to be his mom. Thanks for reading my story and good luck to you all!

Re: My X-Mas Eve Baby

• Options
    So glad he is here and doing well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!  What would you say was more painful, the contractions or the pushing/delivery?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I, too, had a Christmas eve baby. :)
  • Options

imageJKB1986:
    Congratulations!  What would you say was more painful, the contractions or the pushing/delivery?

I would say the contractions are worst. The pushing hurt too but it almost brings a feeling of relief. hth

• Options

imageHappyNutting:
    Congratulations!  I, too, had a Christmas eve baby. :)

Congrats to you too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"