2nd Trimester

Strollers for smaller cars

I'm currently looking for a stroller that fits in smaller, and I mean very small, car trunks. I am stuck with my car (a convertible beetle) since it's a lease and it costs entirely too much money to get out of it, not to mention hubby's car is a truck with no extended cab.

For the time being, we'll be using my car so I wanted to get your input on what strollers would fit. I read online that a lot of them will fit if you remove the wheels, but I'd rather find one that fits without the hassle. 

I was looking at the Chicco Keyfit Travel System in Miro, which has great reviews and is very gender neutral. Does anyone have this stroller and if so- how does it compare to others size-wise? Here's a link to it:

(https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Cortina-Keyfit-Travel-System/dp/B001OD6YS4) 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Strollers for smaller cars

• I'd look into a snap and go.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Baby Jogger City Mini (with a carseat attachment bar)

Fab stroller, easiest fold on the market, and the thing folds pretty much flat except for the wheels

• Loading the player...
  • For your compact car situation...forgo the travel system. They all are quite big, even the smaller ones. I recommend getting a snap-n-go and then a decent umbrella stroller for when baby is a bit older.
  • I have an orbit and a 2 door sports coupe acura integra. It fits in the trunk, even with my giant speaker system taking up more than 1/2 the room.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Skip the Chicco.  I drove a Civic, and although it does fit in the trunk, it was pretty bulky.  We almost never take it in the car anymore.  We use it for neighborhood walks and all day trips mostly.

In hindsight, I would have gotten a Maclaren or a City Mini to use from birth. I bought a Silver Cross Fizz which is our car stroller.  It has a much smaller footprint, which is great for a small car (similar size to a Maclaren).  A Quinny Buzz might work as well given the small fold.  I bought and sold that stroller because LO never really liked it.

• imagecozylittlecave:

Baby Jogger City Mini (with a carseat attachment bar)

Fab stroller, easiest fold on the market, and the thing folds pretty much flat except for the wheels

Agree. It's about the size of a carry-on suitcase, but much flatter. The Snap N Go actually has a larger footprint when it's folded up. I did the SNG then the City Mini and wish I had just gotten the City Mini car seat attachment, I HATED the SNG.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Look at the Quinny Zapp or Quinny Zapp Xtra and the Maxi-Cosi Mico infant car seat. The Zapp when folded is approximately 27" x 12" x 12" and should fit in your trunk (and might even allow for something else to go in there too). The Zapp does not recline but the Zapp Xtra does. The Xtra requires the seat unit to be removed in order to fold the stroller and it is a bit larger than the folded Zapp frame. The Quinny strollers come with the adapters to attach the car seat, but I think you can only use the Maxi-Cosi brand (same parent company). 

The Zapp fits into the trunk of both the MINI Cooper and the MINI Cooper convertible so it would probably fit into your car. 

• quinny zapp. I don't think there is a stroller on the market that folds smaller than the zapp. The new zapp xtra has a car seat adaptor too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ohhh, that city mini looks tiny in comparison to the chicco cortina stroller!  I have the chicco, it is not small car friendly!  I believe the BRU will let you test out their carseats and strollers in your car for a good fit.  I'd check into that before deciding.  There are much smaller options than the chicco cortina, so I would look into something else if your trunk is that small. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Forget the travel system. Get a Snap n' Go and then an umbrella stroller. We have a travel system and very rarely used it.  The Snap n' Go is one of the best things out there for babies. Even if you had a tractor trailer to cart your stuff around, I'd say nix the travel system.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"